Turntable placement

winchester21

This is a stupid question but I will ask it anyway. I am into deep trouble trying to finish out all of my HT/2chanel stuff and make it fit into this long narrow room. I have a center channel HT lascala. i was considering using the top of the Lascala as a place for my turntable. It is not used during 2 channel operation- only HT. Is there any way that I can make this work? Seem like a bad idea with all kinds of wierd noises creeping into the picture- but I thought i would at least ask. Sorry- still learning-

If you are saying the LS will not be powered during times when the tt is in use then things should be fine. You may want to further isolate the table with a slab of granite or marble resting on tennis balls with slits. I heard mdeneen suggest this and it seems reasonable. Good luck.

If you are saying the LS will not be powered during times when the tt is in use then things should be fine. You may want to further isolate the table with a slab of granite or marble resting on tennis balls with slits. I heard mdeneen suggest this and it seems reasonable. Good luck.

If your TT does not have the best leveling legs you can float a thick piece of marble / granite / plexiglass ot temepered glass in a wooden "sandbox" in a finish to match the LS.

Wall mount into studs suggesion is a good one as well.

You may want to further isolate the table with a slab of granite or marble resting on tennis balls with slits.

I did this with a cd player that liked to skip because it was close to a subwoofer.......it worked great. I didn't do the slits though.

I had my TT on an active LaScala for awhile and it didn't have any negative affects. I do not listen to albums as loud as I do CDs so this may be a reason. All I did was place an 18"x18" carpet tile under it. The bottom was rubber and the top was a berber weave.

Sean

Why not mount it on a wall shelf that sits 1" above the LaScala.

The Target, available from Needle Doctor, Audio Advisor, etc. Excellent bounce isolation from jouncy floors, too! Just make sure that at least one fastener (or as many as possible) is a nice, long (2.5" plus) wood screw into a stud. http://www.audioadvisor.com/prodinfo.asp?number=TGVW1

Target - VW1 Wall Mount Turntable Shelf