FREE THX Demo!!!

toddvj

Hey Guys, if you want to own the THX-EX "Tex 2" Demo, but don't want to spend the insane prices they're asking on ebay go to this website. They will mail you a FREE disc that includes information about the Kenwood Sovereign line of products, but also includes the famous THX demos TEX2 and Jungle sounds. You also get some music videos and some multichannel music demos. Check it out.

------------------

My Home Theater

I just ordered it... can not believe it is free! thanks for the tip!

Image1.jpg

------------------

-justin

I am an amateur, if it is professional;

ProMedia help you want email Amy or call her @ 1-888-554-5665 or for an RA# 1-888-554-5665

Klipsch Home Audio help you want, email support@klipsch.com or call @ 1-800-KLIPSCH

RA# Fax Number=317-860-9140 / Parts Department Fax Number=317-860-9150

ProMedia 5.1 Placement Help s>

Thanks for the cool link. Looking forward to the "Sounds".

------------------

KLF 30s front (Bi-Wired)

KLF 10s rears

KLF C-7 center

KLF C-7 Rear Center

SVS Ultra Sub

Sunfire Sub Amp

Onkyo TX DS787

Onkyo integra M506RS

Onkyo DX C370 6 disc

Monster HTS 3600 Line Cond.

Better Cables Silver wires & connects

• 3 weeks later...

so that is like 4-5 ppl that i know that have gotton theirs this week, however, i ordered mine before them and it has not yet arrived... grrrrrrrrrrcwm23.gif

------------------

-justin

SoundWise Support

A technical help site created by me and my fellow Klipschers

ProMedia help you want email Amy or call her @ 1-888-554-5665 or for an RA# 800-554-7724 ext 5

Klipsch Home Audio help you want, email support@klipsch.com or call @ 1-800-KLIPSCH

RA# Fax Number=317-860-9140 / Parts Department Fax Number=317-860-9150s>

my thoughts exactly, got mine yesterday, just an advertisement to me. only two good tracks

------------------

-justin

SoundWise Support

A technical help site created by me and my fellow Klipschers

ProMedia help you want email Amy or call her @ 1-888-554-5665 or for an RA# 800-554-7724 ext 5

RA# Fax Number=317-860-9140 / Parts Department Fax Number=317-860-9150s>

I got mine yestereday the demos were pretty cool If my dvd player played it with no problem does that mean its capable of DVD Audio It sounded awesome.

I wonder how good that entre thing works sounds like a good idea.

------------------

Thanks,

Daryl Gregg cwm12.gif

MY Home Theatre Page

Sony STR-DE975 HT Reciever

Sony DVP-NS400D DVD

SB-3 Mains

SC-1 Center

Quintet Rears

KSW-12 Sub

AR Proseries Interconects

Ok, I listened to this disc over the weekend. Yes, it is basically an advertisement for Kenwood, but then what do you expect. The videos were pretty good, and the "new" music by the Birds was pretty good too. However, the TEX trailer and "Jungle Sounds" fell flat. Why? Because it ignored the rear center channel. I have a copy of the THX-EX disc from Lucasfilm and those tracks on that disc are incredible. The Kenwood versions were significantly duller in sound and not great to show off a system. The THX-EX disc is!

On the plus side, they did explain some of the technical info pretty good; especially the SHARC processors. I knew they were good, but I didn't understand the mechanics behind it. Anything to help my understanding of the industry is good.

jhawk, what do you mean they ignore the rear center? On the Tex demo, the little guy stops right in the rear center, makes a sawing sound, then hits himself with a hammer, all perfectly in the rear center. Also real good localized bass in the rears, and rear center, if your system is set up to handle it. As far as the jungle sounds, I don't know. I never thought it was that amazing on the original, but I admit it wasn't how I remembered it. All in all though, pretty cool for a quick demo to show someone what surround sound is all about. I don't think I'd show it to try and impress anyone who was already into surround sound, just the uninitiated. And you can't beat the price. QUICKSR, the demo playing in your DVD player doesn't mean it's DVD-Audio capable, because DVD-Audio discs have an extra layer for Dolby Digital or DTS, so that might have been what you heard, DD and DTS will pass through a digital cable, DVD Audio will not. You need multi channel inputs hooked up to get the full effect of DVD Audio. The Entre thing is definitely cool, but I don't know if it works with other equipment, and I sure wouldn't buy that UGLY looking receiver. I'm going to check into whether or not it would work with my stuff.

------------------

My Home Theater

This message has been edited by toddvj on 03-20-2002 at 12:34 AM

Todd-

I'll try to reconstruct what I remember. You may be right, TEX stops and saws, hits himself, but I seem to remember they are in the surrounds, not the rear center. I'll try it again to be sure. On the Jungle sounds, the footsteps, helicopter, and fly all skip the rear center.

Also, the "gain" is much lower on this disc than the "factory" ones; same volume setting on my Denon for both and the Kenwood disc was quieter. Maybe it knows it's being used on a non-Kenwood system. Smile.gif