SSCTROJAN... Jub production pics

Birch plywood is what Klipsch has always used, as far as I know, except for custom orders or when the design calls for MDF. With some models, lab testing showed MDF to sound better than plywood.

You really show that you don't know much about plywood. Cause what you see in the pictures that i am using is 3/4 inch paint grade maple. Which is 41.00 per sheet. So if you ever can afford like a half a million dollar house and want your kitchen cabinets painted and not stained. If you have them custom made and not by prefabs that are cheap built any cabinet maker will use 3/4 paint grade maple. 11 ply baltic birch... are you kidding me? what are you looking at? Will have some fiberglass on joints.

What was that again...maple or pine?

Finish grade maple paints much better than birch. MDF is heavier but as you know when you screw into MDF sometimes the screws can strip where as in plywood you can screw and glue your joints much tighter. I think it comes down to preference on sound with plywood or MDF. I have heard both and i think it hard to tell. Personal preference.

You initially said, "It is 5 ply white pine...Pine is much stronger to screw into while your joints dry." You then said, "nothing is glued on these", and finally, after Roy Delgado (the designer of the Jubilee box) said he saw a mistake, you responded with " what is the mistake so i can fix it?" So, is it Pine or Maple, are they glued or not, and do you really expect Klipsch to help you fix your mistakes so you can sell these for profit as a competing product?

OK... a quick lesson on hardwoods and softwoods. All plywood whether its oak, pine, maple... all are equally as strong. Lumbercore, is as little stronger than the plywood. As far as the woods themselves pine is the weakest! Maple and birch are stronger than pine. Oak is stronger than all of these and Walnut is stronger than oak. When you get into using 3/4 in plywoods. Whether is paint grade maple or stain grade oak they are all equally strong. Go to your local cabinet maker and ask.

the mistake was a deflector board. but it wasn't mistate because i had not put it in yet. your timeline is way off with mine...

Not sure what you mean by my "timeline". If it's in reference to the way I laid out the order of your comments, then you might want go back and simply read your posts in this thread.

13-ply baltic birch is what Klisch uses.

How does this look for strength ?

Oak

Are all the plies oak? A question for dtel. Not all veneered plywood is the same all the way through. The interior plys are often made of other woods.

Baltic Birch is all baltic birch, for instance.

Someone here quoted Baltic Birch ply at $48 sheet. The cheapest I could find it locally was $62 for a 5'x5' sheet (here in the metro DC/VA/MD area). That price is for 13 layer 3/4" sheet. Anyone knows were I could find this cheaper in the DC area?