RS-42's vs RS-52's

Rocko81

Of course I know I have to demo both, and in this economy it's getting harder to find a store that carries both. I was just wondering if I'd notice that much of a difference between the two?

I more question that has nothing to do with speakers. How does everyone get their system specs to show up in the replies? I have my filled on on my profile but they never post.

Of course I know I have to demo both, and in this economy it's getting harder to find a store that carries both. I was just wondering if I'd notice that much of a difference between the two?

Unless you have a big room no you won't see a big difference.

At one point I had the RS 42, 52 and 62 in my system and I did not notice much difference between the RS 42 and the 52

I've had the F-3 for a few years, they sound great. About a year ago I listened to the RF-82 at BB and couldn't justify spending the extra money for them, then I found a real good deal on craigslist for some brand new RF-82 in my area. Now that I have them hooked up and pumping at my place WOW what a difference! My Onkyo TX-SR806 should be here on Thursday and I can't to hear how well the 82's sound being pushed by the Onkyo. So now the F-3's are up for sale (already sold the S-3 and C-3) and I'm on the hunt for a RC-62 and at this point some RS-42's. I still think I'm going to stick with the Sub-12 unless anyone can think of a reason for RSW-10d?????

I did not get a chance to check out the 42's but I do have a pair of 52s paired up with the rf82s and rc62s and the rears wrap the sound around me very well in movies. I do not use them for music surround, just 2.1 for music. I have the 52s set up about a foot back left and right of my seating position in a room that is 13x25, seating around 13 feet. They sound incredible, very smooth and have a great enveloping sound with movies which are great for action flicks with guns and fly overs. Overal I am extremely please with them. I have a 100x5 sony 5.1 receiver which I plan on upgrading to a onkyo 805 for 7.1 in the future. I will use some rb61s for the rear 7.1 channels.

Good luck!

You might want to check with Nezff. He had a pair of RF-62's with the RS-42's.

I have the RS42s with my RF63s and RC64. I just never changed them out when I upgraded from the RF62 and RC62 setup. They sound fine to me. I honestly dont think you will notice a difference between the RS42 or RS52. I got mine for a steal at $300 for the pair.