ElectroVoice Georgian & Patrician ?

seti

I have been chatting with IBSlammin about these ElectroVoice speakers. Other than cabinets what is the difference between them? Which one had an 18inch driver? To my surprise....AN 18 INCH WOOFER!!!!! Any info would be much appreciated on the time period when Klipsch licensed to Brociner, Vitovox, and Electro Voice.

Thanks

Ian

http://homepage.mac.com/ikecarumba/PhotoAlbum13.html

Hi Seti,

The Georgian is similar to a Klipschorn with an EV 18wk driver. The Patrician is a four way design with a 30" 30W woofer. Attached is the data sheet. I

couldn't find an EDS for the Georgian but I will keep looking.

Both are pretty cool speakers.

Is that a typo??? 30inch woofer?????? jebus

Thanks Prof!

If I may respectfully disagee with the good Professor Thump. Smile.

The literature shows that the Georgian uses a 15 inch driver. It also shows the Patrician uses an 18 inch woofer. Both these drivers were made by EV with the K suffix, as described. In my guess, these had a more floppy suspension to keep the resonance freq low..

I have not seen a bass horn using EV's 30 inch driver. But perhaps it was done.

Wm McD

There were a lot of models of the Patrician. The 30 inch woofer model was thePatrician 800.

It's been a lot of years since I was there, but if I remember correctly there's a pristine example in the lobby of Telex corporate headquarters in Burnsville, MN.

There were a few different versions of the Patrician. The Patrician IV used an 18" woofer (18WK) under 200 cps, two mid-bass horn drivers mounted on long plastic type tubes for 200 - 600 cps, a T25A mid-range driver with a 6HD horn for 600-3500 cps and a T35 or T350 High-Frequeny driver for above 3500 cps. I have one of these. The Patrician 700 used the 30" woofer (30W), a 12" SP12D mid-bass speaker, a T250 mid-range driver with 8hd horn and a T350 tweeter. I think the Patrician 800 was the same or almost. The Georgian used a 15" woofer (15WK), a large PA type horn for the mids with the same mid-bass driver and long plastic tube used in the Patrician IV and a T35 tweeter. I have two of these. The Georgian bass bin was identical to the Klipschorn bass bin, in fact the early Khorns used the same EV 15WK driver. The only thing similar between the Georgian and the Patrician IV was the bass bin with the Pat IV being 16% larger. They also shared the same high frequency tweeter, the T35 or T350.

Speakerfritz, Thanks again for the docs they are amazing.

There were a few different versions of the Patrician. The Patrician IV used an 18" woofer (18WK) under 200 cps, two mid-bass horn drivers mounted on long plastic type tubes for 200 - 600 cps, a T25A mid-range driver with a 6HD horn for 600-3500 cps and a T35 or T350 High-Frequeny driver for above 3500 cps. I have one of these. The Patrician 700 used the 30" woofer (30W), a 12" SP12D mid-bass speaker, a T250 mid-range driver with 8hd horn and a T350 tweeter. I think the Patrician 800 was the same or almost. The Georgian used a 15" woofer (15WK), a large PA type horn for the mids with the same mid-bass driver and long plastic tube used in the Patrician IV and a T35 tweeter. I have two of these. The Georgian bass bin was identical to the Klipschorn bass bin, in fact the early Khorns used the same EV 15WK driver. The only thing similar between the Georgian and the Patrician IV was the bass bin with the Pat IV being 16% larger. They also shared the same high frequency tweeter, the T35 or T350.

Thanks for the clarification. I'd love to hear a PAT IV!!!!!!!! WOW.

i know of about 5 30ws here in omaha, ne which i believe are reconed, etc.. the guy told me 3500 is ebay prices hed let them go for about 1000 a piece. I only trust him casue ive baught good quality speakers from him in the past. Also ive seen 2 of them, plus hes a ev dealer. if i remeber right the ones with a the 30 incher was a 4 speaker system but its been awhile since ive read up on them. Im sure somewere here allready stated that.

nick

How's things in Earlville? I'm still enjoying the LS! Nothing but compliments when folks hear them. Getting the AL crossovers changed out helped a lot, though.

Those EVs would be wonderful!

Bruce