Attention....Very Important Message

Tarheel

Starting at happy hour on Saturday I will be making my traditional Spring change from dark licquors (single malts and fine bourban) to the lighter and more spring like Vodkas and Gins. Those of you who trade stocks on my beverage choice please take note. Look at ticker STZ and others. I expect the share price to shoot straight up but don't chase it. Wait for it to pull back a little.

Cheers[D]

We used to sing this song about it:

BALLAD
OF THUNDER ROAD

Let me tell the story, I can tell it all

About the mountain boy who ran illegal alcohol

His daddy made the whiskey, son, he drove the load

When his engine roared, they called the highway Thunder Road.

Sometimes into Ashville, sometimes Memphis town

The revenoors chased him but they couldn’t run him down

Each time they thought they had him, his engine would explode

He'd go by like they were standin’ still on Thunder Road.

(CHORUS)

And there was thunder, thunder over Thunder Road

Thunder was his engine, and white lightning was his load

There was moonshine, moonshine to quench the Devil’s thirst

The law they swore they'd get him, but the Devil got him first.

On the first of April, nineteen fifty-four

A Federal man sent word he’d better make his run no more

He said two hundred agents were coverin’ the state

Whichever road he tried to take, they’d get him sure as fate.

Son, his Daddy told him, make this run your last

The tank is filled with hundred-proof, you’re all tuned up and gassed

Now, don’t take any chances, if you can’t get through

I’d rather have you back again than all that mountain dew.

(CHORUS)

Roarin’ out of Harlan, revvin’ up his mill

He shot the gap at Cumberland, and screamed by Maynordsville

With T-men on his taillights, roadblocks up ahead

The mountain boy took roads that even Angels feared to tred.

Blazing right through Knoxville, out on Kingston Pike,

Then right outside of Bearden, they made the fatal strike.

He left the road at 90; that’s all there is to say.

The devil got the moonshine and the mountain boy that day.

Starting at happy hour on Saturday I will be making my traditional Spring change from dark licquors (single malts and fine bourban) to the lighter and more spring like Vodkas and Gins. Those of you who trade stocks on my beverage choice please take note. Look at ticker STZ and others. I expect the share price to shoot straight up but don't chase it. Wait for it to pull back a little.

CheersDrinks

Coincedentally I bought some Chopin and Tanqueray Ten just yesterday myself[:D].

Coincedentally I bought some Chopin and Tanqueray Ten just yesterday myselfBig Smile.

Now you are speaking my language. I killed several Tanqueray martinis last night while watching a great 80's cover band. My head still hurts.

Jeremy

I do not suffer from seasonal afflictions that cause me to change my distilled beverage of choice. For liquors there is really only four things I drink. Rum, Tequila, Vodka and Scotch. I just bought a bottle of The Balvenie Double Barrel this weekend. Not top shelf Scotch, but IMO it is a very nice 12 YO. Has a nice warm finish.

Travis I checked out the Bookers at the store today. Yowee $51.95 a fifth. I am sure its tasty but I can get a half gallon of Makers Mark for that and after the third double wouln't know the difference[8-)] Thanks for the suggestion.....I'll save up.

Tarheel, wifes garden is doing OK. The weather in these parts is crazy. One day I might be mowing my lawn and grilling out. And the next day we get snow and the next day is tornado's. So most of the time her garden has been covered up to keep the frost off. Did you say you put out tomato's? Man, that makes my chop water. There is a guy who has put up a little stand on a corner in town and he sells perfect tomatos during the winter months. But they have no flavor what so ever. People buy them. More power to him I guess. Good luck with your garden brother and stay away from the "Shine".

I know a guy in Alabama who makes white liquior. He is kinda like we are about audio gear. Two flavors- white corn and charred apple. The corn is very good but the charred apple is like something from another planet.I have no idea how he makes it but it requires exact ingredents. The guy growns his own fruit/corn and makes his own barrels out of a particular type of oak of oak. it has a boubon-like apparance. 100.00 a gallon. It is aged for an extended period. I would put this up against any 300.00 bottle of scotch or anything that I have ever tasted. I have been allowed to buy exactly 2 gallons in the 10+ years that I have begged the guy to sell me some. Homade liquior is quite an art form in this part of the country and in spite of the moonshine stereotype- some of it is quite outstanding.

I have spent a small fortune over the years in search of the perfect scotch. I keep coming back to the Balvinne double wood. Bookers works anytime- hot weather or not. Knob Ceek is hard to beat for 27.00. Belvedere is my favorite vodka but too pricey for daily consumption. KettleOne is hard to beat when it is on sale.

Thanks to Cigarbum for sharing his Jonnie Walker Blue the last time that I was there- pretty tasty.