I'll confess! I think I find my Klipsch speakers a bit too bright for music

Kain

What I've heard through the years on this forum is that DeanG x-overs for RF-7's will improve sound quality and solve earbleed. I don't know if he still makes them though. Good luck, Tim.

I can't say anything as to the upgrade,I would like to hear the difference in my own home as Dg has a great rep.As to earbleed,I have none,it's only garbage in/garbage out,without alteration the 7's could never make a poor source sound good.With a good source they're spectacular,there's also much to be said about the room they're in.I've learned as of late that a room makes much more difference than I ever thought possible..

Kain,

just about everyone here agrees, if the 7's are too harsh (i know you said it might be just one song) you can go the cheap way and just add a total of 3 resistors to your set up or have dean do the crossovers. a third route you can try is change out your power cord. i know there will be a debate, but i have done it. i made one myself using basic 12awg wire, braided shield, and oyaide 079 connectors. it made a huge difference. really adds clairity and mellows the highs out a touch. i wouldn't reccemond the oyaide 037 series because they add more of a "punch." you could also try out the 046, i haven't heard them, but the description of them is simular to 079 series. you can easily build the power cord for $60-$100 depending on who you buy from and what you end of buying.

just my 2cents.

Unless God calls me home -- I should be around a while.

You'll be hearing from meYes

Out of context, this is just too funny! Zip it!

You crack me up Marvel. It's funny how something can be intreped so many ways..........other than how you meant.

Unless God calls me home -- I should be around a while.

You'll be hearing from meYes

Out of context, this is just too funny! Zip it!

You crack me up Marvel. It's funny how something can be intreped so many ways..........other than how you meant.

Indeed, that really made me laugh! [:D]

While for movies my speakers sound great, I think I find them a little too bright and harsh for music. Not sure though. I think I might go KEF next time around for speakers. Surprise

What go's in comes out... good speakers won't lie to you I would try changing your source thats feeding your Rf' 7s before replacing them. I thought the same way about my Klipsch speakers to for awhile till I got the right gear feed them .

give them a lobotomy.

I love my Klipsch Library Home Theater listed below and wonder if you think I should consider Dean's modification on my RF-7s/RC-7?

hey tdkamerica,

good to hear from you. i don't if deano actually changes the values of the schematic. i think he uses pricey parts for the upgrade to the networks.

take care,

roy

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

hey tdkamerica,

good to hear from you. i don't if deano actually changes the values of the schematic. i think he uses pricey parts for the upgrade to the networks.

take care,

roy

Hi Roy. Thanks for the reply and I hope things are well. My speakers went out of warranty last year and I figured it wouldn't matter now if I messed them up. ;-)

Seriously, I've probably read every thread out on Dean's crossovers and the common denominator is that folks who seem to get them did so almost immediately after buying their RF-7s and I thought that was interesting....I don't listen to much 2 -channel (only a few female vocalist) material, but alot of Multi-channel Music, Concerts and Movies and only on a (very small) handful of stuff does it sound bright and I thought it was the source material...Everything else sounds sublime. [8][~][Y]