Mac C2200

Toxicant

Oh my God, I can't begin to explain the difference. After much trial and error , I finally got things up and running. I guess my problem was that the only set-up I've had for 20 years has been what's in my sig. A mac 2120, c26 and a mr71. Anyway, the C26 has you connect the amp to the pre and then you connect the speaker wires to the pre. I sat there and looked at the c2200 and looked at those new xlr connections and just scratched my head.

Bad news was the Mc75's didn't work out. after going though the power up process with the viriac only one seemed to respond and then wheneven you touched anything on it, it crackled. The garbage man happened to be around and he offered me $20.00 bucks for the pair, seemed like a good price based on the weight.

So anyway, the C2200 is hooked up to the Mc 2120 and it sounds so wonderful I really can't believe it. I thought the amp was a weak link in my system, so wrong. It was totally the pre. Before I trash my c26 to death we need to put things into perspective. For the price difference, it is hard to berate the c26. After 20 years or so of listening I can't complain, if I was to recommend a starter pre, the c26 would be the fist on my list. But what the hell do I know.

So in conclusion, I think the C2200 is just amazing, I have little experience so take my impression with a grain of salt.

Well now I need to figure out what to do with the Mc 75's . From a little reading I did some say the tube amp makes the big difference so I wonder if I get the 75's fixed will I see the same change? Any advice on getting them fixed? and will I need to power them up for hours on the "V" if I don't turn them on for a few months?

Now, I have 4 k-horns and 2 MR 71's, is there any difference in the MR 71's anything to look for?

Ok, back to listening, let me know what I should do with the 75's

Thank you guys,

Ron