UNC Tarheels

Tarheel

thanks Arky - i did a quick google search before I posted, like a five second thing but I was still unsure.. so now I know. is it like a university tournement?

Yes DU73......its' the national championship. People from NC are known as Tarheels....it has to do with export of tar and pitch in the old days.

thanks Arky - i did a quick google search before I posted, like a five second thing but I was still unsure.. so now I know. is it like a university tournement?

Yes DU73......its' the national championship. People from NC are known as Tarheels....it has to do with export of tar and pitch in the old days.

Thanks guys[:D]

Michigan State looked as though they were enjoying getting blown out as they just kept the game going strong for North Carolina and didn't call the usual time outs you see a good coach call to impede momentum. I think Izzo thought he was going to turn it around without some stoppages........or something like that.

The Tarheels took care of Villanova on Saturday and they were a similar team to Michigan State with a good defence and good guard play. The problem was North Carolina had too many weapons and that was the deciding factor. Just think, if North Carolina didn't have the injuries they had during the year and Green only came off the bench?

Give Michigan State credit because they beat some very good teams to get to the final. It wasn't quite UNLV over Duke, but a very dominating victory.

True Arky, but the Runnin' Rebels never stopped running and just kept pounding it to the Dukies, 103-73. North Carolina couldn't buy a bucket for a while and it kept the game closer. The Rebels victory was a continuation of what NC did to Michigan State in the first half.

The most unbelievable games of the 1990 Championship were in the west regional where Loyola Marymount beat Michigan 149-115 and lost to UNLV by a score of 131 - 101. Loyola had an eight second shot clock and most of the time was shooting within 5 seconds. I would have loved to have seen that team with the late Hank Gathers who died just before the tournament. That UNLV - Loyola game would have been incredible.