Heresy III stereo in 10' x 13' office ... near the left corner of room.

Forget a center speaker for stereo, not needed at all in that room. Only if you go to HT would you possibly need them and you can always use phantom mode. With your planned stereo receiver, there is only room for two speakers hook up anyway.

You'll love those H III's! I did when I had some.

If it helps at all, I have an RX596 Yamaha Natural Sound STEREO receiver in my bedroom, it's rated 100x2, also use a HK730 in my home office at 45x2 (but ballsy watts). Both of those rooms are pretty casual listening though.

You should be fine for your listening with 50x2 unless you like it really loud, in which case 100x2 would give more headroom.

I really like the variable loudness feature on the Yamaha stereo receivers, it really helps at lower volumes.

Michael

Thank you, again. This helps to broaden my understanding tremendously. I've wanted Heresy speakers since I was a teenager ... many moons ago ... and now have finally gotten around to getting some. Hey, I'm slow, what can I say.

What are recommendations on getting more basic understanding about sound technology? For example, how to talk the talk. I don't even know what HT stands for. Is there a techno-sound for dummies for example?

SC,

If you can find an old Scott 299A/B/C on epay or dregslist you'd have a good amp match for your H3's. Just a thought. A 299B is a good little integrated tube amp that has a phono input and aux inputs for any other type of source devies you'd want to connect and it won't break the bank either.

• 2 weeks later...

Plan B: I've taken everyone's advice, and have moved past the thought of having my desk located between my office's two windows.

The reason I'm doing all this number-crunching, is because I have to buy new furniture for my empty office (10' x 14' bedroom), and I want to minimize cost by buying the minimum number of furniture pieces while maximizing office efficiency.

Plus, I may have found a good alternative for the widget that will be storing the power train for the speakers: A big desk that has open desk shelves. If the desk doesn't work, I'll go to Plan C: A widget that is specifically designed for stacking power train separates.

A recommendation was made by seti in an othe message to post pics after the setup is complete. First, please review the embedded schematic, which shows a larger desk and additional tables to accommodate working at a distance from the desk, with the use of wireless keyboard & mouse.

Any thoughts about location of speakers, , the distances between the speakers and the dude (that's me), and how the speakers are pointed directly towards the office chair?

post-36285-13819465165472_thumb.jpg