Dealer purchase and dealer support of audio components

I did a search for dealers that stock Klipsch dealers, and the closest (Dealer-A) was 10 miles away. So I go to the only dealer, in a 10 mile reference, that is listed as selling Heritage speakers. They did not stock any Heritage speakers, and not because of this reason but of other reasons, I felt that I would get limited dealer support in case anything were found wrong with new speakers I purchase. Strike One. They did, however, stock a couple of Reference models, with the RF-52 being the smallest that they stocked.

This dealer was also listed as selling Yamaha RX stereo receivers ... and so I visited this dealer to kill two birds with one stone ... but the dealer did not stock these either. Apparently, the local Best Buy stores stock these and Best Buy is too competitive for the dealer to maintain a stock of Yamaha speakers. Strike Two.

I also did a search of dealers, from the Klipsch website, and they only listed one (Dealer-B) in the State of Michigan ... 45 miles from my house. While it is comforting that the Klipsch dealer felt comfortable with listing this dealer on their website, it is still 45 miles away from my house. It would be a bummer to drive 90 miles round-trip to find a Strike Three.

So, my question, how do people usually purchase Heresy III (H-3) speakers? Is it the norm to just purchase them directly from Klipsch via Klipsch website? And if you buy online, how is the customer protected if the speakers arrive defective or damaged? For that matter, how does the customer prove to the online seller that the product is defective or damaged ... except to pay return shipment of speakers that weigh 90 pounds?

A last question, how rare is it to receive online-purchased H-3 speakers that are defective or damaged?

Did you try calling Dealer B on the phone to see if they have what you need? More simple than driving there for simple information.

You may find that Heritage speakers, like Heresy IIIs, are a special order item, even if the dealer carries other Klipsch speakers.

Klipsch does not sell factory direct when they have a contracted dealer withing a certain radius of your home, and I am sure 10 and 45 miles both would take precedence. With dealers, it is not a question of supplies on hand to repair, but a question of competence in repairing down equipment with JIT replacement drivers. These days, JIT means one to two days almost anywhere.

If you absolutely need to see the speakers you want to buy, one or two stores in Chicago will have a full line of displayed Heritage speakers that should meet your requirements.

Where in Michigan are you? Perhaps I can save you some trouble in searching for a Mi Klipsch dealer. I'm in the Metro Detroit area.

Thank you for the offer, bhenry. I live at the border of Wayne County and Oakland County, in Livonia. This would be about 25 miles at the 10 O'Clock position from Detroit, near intersection of 8 Mile Road and Farmington Road. I'd give you my address, but then I'd have to shoot you for security reasons. [:#]