Help! My RF-7s "dance around" on the floor

Kain

Since I currently do not have a subwoofer, I run my RF-7s as Large and the rest of my speakers as Small. At -15 dB on the volume nob, if I play the THX intro at the beginning of the newer Star Wars movies, the woofers on my RF-7s move A LOT. The bass that comes from the RF-7s at these volumes is pretty much subwoofer like. If I watch a bass-heavy movie at -15 dB or higher on the volume nob, my RF-7s start to move around on my tiled floor. Is there any way I can stop or prevent them from moving around?

I perfectly understand your problem. When I first bought my RSW-10d sub, it danced across my tile floor. I went to HD and bought four rubber square feet for furniture and placed them under each of the subs feet. They come in beige or dark brown and are about 2"x2". They did the trick for me. I am not sure the proper name for them but I found them in hardware area near castor wheels and furniture sliders.

Bill

• Moderators

I have a set of rubber feet if that would help. Can't remember if they were from my previous Polks or from my RF-83's. I've never used them but my guess is that you put the spikes on, then add the rubber feet over them. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. If you are interested, PM me your mailing address and I'll ship them out to you.

On that note, is there any sonic benefit to using the spikes on carpet?