Gold Plated Fuses

I'll leave you all to fight this one out - http://www.aaudioimports.com/ShowProduct.asp?hProduct=37

"each and every fuse has also been accurately measured and checked"

And how exactly do you check a fuse without destroying it?

According to the 6 Moons review the lack of directional arrow orientation instructions was not a problem because "frankly, it really was not necessary as it was easy to tell by ear which direction the arrow should point."

fuseb1_1.jpg

"Each Isoclean fuse is packed separately with a thick cleaning cloth you use before installing the fuses. The gold plating is of a high quality, and with the supplied cloth, I buffed it to a shine."

To gold plate a fuse -- an inherently nonlinear device that doesn't belong in the signal path at all -- and then to buff the gold plating to a shine, adds new meaning to the term "polishing a [fecal sample]"

Now I have to wonder if all my fuses are facing the right direction! Tongue TiedPWK BS Button

Dennie

So apparently you cannot tell by ear? Some kind of audiophile you are.

Of course, since my Monoblocks run off a dedicated 400A, 3 phase supply I'm calling the company to get pricing on the big ones.

Ashamed as I am that I had not taken this into account, I did check and YES! They are all facing the RIGHT direction!

Or should the Left one be facing Left? This Audiophile stuff is complicated!!! [:S]

Dennie[^o)]

Fuses are for Wimps! I took all mine out. Man, talk about a low noise floor... I don't hear a thing.

LOL  Jim, I wonder how much we can sell you No Fuse, Fuse for?   Lots I bet! Idea

I like it Dennie, you're in for half!... Hi-Fi Jims Fuseless Fuses, better than the real thing! Starting at $299, it even makes a Bose Wave into a "giant killer"!

Now I have to wonder if all my fuses are facing the right direction! Tongue TiedPWK BS Button

Dennie

Don't electrons flow negative to positive? Which way do you point the arrows?

I suggest calling the manufacturer of yoru amp. It will give them something to talk about.

I think your right! I had better call and see! This audiophile stuff gets more confusing with every post!

Jim, Hurry up with production of the "No Fuse Fuse", before Adcom wants their amp back! [*-)]

" Don't electrons flow negative to positive?"

Actually, they don't flow at all....they vibrate and remain in relatively the same general position +- the vibration distance.