Cornwalls with H/K 430.....

SWL

Has anybody listened to this combo?

I may sell off some more equipment to get some used Cornwalls for my basement/mancave system. Right now I'm using a vintage H/K 430 with KG 3.2's. I also have some vintage Marantz at my disposal to experiment with some Cornwalls.

I've never owned Cornwalls but have heard them on many occasions.......and it has occurred to me from what I've read and heard that they are a must have especially for the prices I see them going for used.

I'm used to pumping all kinds of power into the bass of my RF-7's with great results. It will be nice to own a speaker that doesn't require much power to get the job done......

......but will the 30 watt Harmon Kardon 430 be enough???

I don't have the 430 but I have the 730 hooked up to Cornwalls in my bedroom and they sound great. I know it's not the same size room as your basement but I don't even have it at half the volume. Like Michael stated, get it and you can always add an amp if you need more.

James

......something tells me Cornwalls will be the shiz not only for the basement......but for the patio over looking the fire pit this summer. [Y]

PS.....the 430 doesn't have pre-outs. [:(]

In my experience, Corns sound pretty darn good no matter what you feed them with or throw at them (well everything is relative and GIGO)....my fav of the heritage line if I had to choose only one type....

the vintatage HK should sound nice as well as your vintage marantz.......you may be very surprised and find no need to upgrade...... I hade a 30-40?WPC vintage sansui (read as under $100) powering some Corn I's and the combo blew me away....

let us know what you think when you get them!!!

• Moderators

Anything past 1:00 on the volume pot for more than five hours voids dtel's warranty on the 930.

Seriously, the 430 will sound very good thru a pair of Cornwalls.

I don't think I have ever got past 1:00, and that was pretty loud ! [Y] Past 1:00 on the volume for five hours would probably void dtel himself.

I gotta find some Cornwalls.

I keep coming across some fairly good deals on KLF-10's.....multiple KG's......and just a little while ago some piano black KLF-30's--------> piano black 30's.....sweet!!!!

Part of my attraction to Cornwalls is that it doesn't sound like they are very picky with amplification. Correct me if I'm wrong, please.

Gotta stay focused.......Cornwalls......focus.....KLF-30/no no no....Cornwa......focus....[8o|]

• Moderators

Part of my attraction to Cornwalls is that it doesn't sound like they are very picky with amplification. Correct me if I'm wrong, please.

I would say that's true, but that HK would be real nice, you will find yours be patient.