Well I now own 1 pair of Klipsch Heresy speakers

EM3

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Slow but ok. I have the risers sanded and I painted the faceboards black as well as the part the grill cloth attached to. 3 coats of black on each one. 1 speaker is ready to be stained as well as the risers. 1 speaker needs to be sanded. I had to try and patch the damage where the veneer was chipped. With luck tomorrow I will sand it. I need to go over to mom and dads tomorrow and help them with some stuff plus yard work at my place. Aging parents you know. I ordered Klipsch logos today the Superman kind according to Klipsch Parts dept (Jubilee style). Dad says they are looking good but I can see every mistake I have made. The orbital sander sure ate into one edge piece but from straight one you can't see it. The bottoms were never finished and I have decided not to mess with the backs because I want to keep the stickers looking as good as possible and I don't want to mess with the speaker terminals since they appear to either be glued on or placed back on when the finish was wet.

I must say I am impressed how Klipsch wired and labeled the crossovers. I traded in my Minwax stuff in for Watco oil Dark Walnut. I hope tomorrow to try and put finish on the stands. Yep they are the trial pieces. I have pics of speaker pieces upstairs waiting to be uploaded. Maybe tomorrow I can take some more and upload them.

Thanks for asking!

Sign bad luck today! I worked over at mom and dad's today for a few hours in almost 90 degree heat. I came home kept working (cutting grass etc.) I was sanding the last speaker down and took it to the basement to vaccum the dust off. Well the Shop Vac left black streaks all over the cabinet so I sanded it down a little more. Well while moving the speaker cabinet I tripped and fell. I know that Klipsch builds some really sturdy stuff. The bottom read corner is smashed in but the veneer didn't break nor chip. It took 180 plus lbs on it and just mashed in. Nothing I can do about it. I stained the bases this evening 2 coats. Not sure when I will get to the cabinets. The stain really brings out the good and bad. But if you look at what I started with this isn't too bad. Pics coming soon.

Sort of finished. I got logos today but I still need the grill cloth. There was no veneer on the outside edges. Photographing them is a pain. Uneven lighting and camera flash was the wood out. They are reassembled but I don't have a spare receiver to test them.

post-26417-13819474987998_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I know I have milked this thread for all its worth.

No problem, that's what we are here for... To spend more of your money, just when you think it just how you like it we can always suggest an upgrade, then another, then another... [:P] Then once the upgrades are all done you have to buy different speakers and start all over again...

James

BTW, can't wait to see pictures of the new look. what else did you do?