Tons of Tubes-O-Rama

thebes

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thebes,

Now that you have had time to go through the tubes. What interesting finds have you made? Do you have enough of the 6922 that you like that you can tell us what your favorite quiet one is? [:D]

Well my favorite quiet ones are a secret until I nail down all that are still in existence and reveal to the world that I control it's entire supply. Then I'll chortle, rub my hands and smile with an devilish glee.

I've winnowed everything down and combined with my existing stash and sad to say it does not quite fill up a small couch. I do however, probably have close to 200 of the sought after small tubes, !2AX7's, 12AT7's, 6DJ8's and probably 100 or so 12AU7's. Many of them are german, dutch and english, with a scattering of Japanese.

My output collection is rather small (40 or 50 of various types) but not surprising given how these tubes wear out. But I've got quite a stock of 6SN7's and I maybe the 5U4 king of the world.

I've also got at least a hundred of various types already installed in various gear and a dozen or so scattered around here and there.

post-14801-13819466089374_thumb.jpg

Well my favorite quiet ones are a secret until I nail down all that are still in existence and reveal to the world that I control it's entire supply. Then I'll chortle, rub my hands and smile with an devilish glee.

With that kind of information and power you should make sure the twins are well protected. It would be a shame if someone held them ransom for the information. [6]

I've winnowed everything down and combined with my existing stash and sad to say it does not quite fill up a small couch. I do however, probably have close to 200 of the sought after small tubes, !2AX7's, 12AT7's, 6DJ8's and probably 100 or so 12AU7's. Many of them are german, dutch and english, with a scattering of Japanese.

My output collection is rather small (40 or 50 of various types) but not surprising given how these tubes wear out. But I've got quite a stock of 6SN7's and I maybe the 5U4 king of the world.

I've also got at least a hundred of various types already installed in various gear and a dozen or so scattered around here and there.

Wow!!!! That is amazing. Couldn't have happened to a better guy. This is proof of karma. You give a little and the tube gods repayed you in kind.