Amazing video! Brittney sings opera!

OK, so it is not Brittney S. or other pretty young look alikes who can only seem to sing after their voices have gone thru tons of computer processing.

This lady, rather simple in appearance so to speak, is on Britian's Got Talent. The crowd actually seems to be laughing at her dowdy appearance. Then she sings. Sings Real Good! Rather amazing vocals in fact. Get's a standing ovation. For one, I would absolutely buy her album someday. Cause on my Jubs, the voice counts, not what they look like...

Still can't seem to actually 'see' any singers thru the speakers actually...

http://tr.truveo.com/Lyrics-Included-Susan-Boyle-British-idol-Britains/id/3813788586

It was nearly cruel the way the judges stated that 'everyone was against her' based on just seeing her apperance.

The lady has pipes, and what's more, stage presence and chutzpah. Good for her.

Yeah, I cried. It was too good, how could you not?

M

I just watched this again with my wife. I get freakin goose bumps each time I hear it! Sad how people are judged based on their looks, rather than on her absolutely unbelievable talent. There she was, untrained, standing on a stage, people rudely snickering at her.

Didn't miss a beat, belted out a very difficult song, sung usually by professional opera singers. She could be put on the sound track for Les Mis and I would love it!

Now, give Brit et al a mike. No computers helping, no pelvic thrusting allowed, etc. Now, sing that same song. Would not even touch the level this lady did. Admittedly, some modern singers can sing on their own, aka live, unassisted. Many though, no way. Not even close.

I sure hope she gets a chance. She would probably record similar themed music as she sang. But I for one will keep an eye out for her. We should let each other know if she does record and post it here.

Yeah, score one for the regular people!

Paul

I just listened to the Paul Potts one! Amazing as well, just as many goose bumps.

OK, where the Heck is American Talent????? Our contest has hot looking 18-22 year olds who can marginally sing, but look good in short skirts and tight jeans. (I will admit I really like David Cook...) We need to let plain, chubby, regular people get on our contest.

I have an uncle, the one who introduced me to Klipsch many many years ago. Could be legally held responsible for my Klipsch obsession probably...

He can sing like that. Can play the piano incredibly. Went on tour with Van Kliburn back in the day. He had severe mental problems, got to where he got too nervous to sing in front of people. Could have been famous with his level of talent, had those issues not plagued him. The phone salesman Paul looks like he has crowd problems too. Good for him for overcoming those and blessing the world with his talent.

My uncle now lives in an assisted living center. He plays his grand piano, a Steinway that Van Kliburn owned previously to him actually, for all the little old ladies and men there. He is confident in front of them, and he gives them hours of enjoyment. Not famous. Not rich. But still at least at this point using his talent for others.

Paul

• Moderators

It is a shame when talent goes unnoticed for superficial reasons, for sure. Be sure to search YouTube for Connie's performance on the same show. Brings yet another tear! (I'm on a mobile, or I'd put up a link...)

Now, give Brit et al a mike. No computers helping, no pelvic thrusting allowed, etc. Now, sing that same song. Would not even touch the level this lady did. Admittedly, some modern singers can sing on their own, aka live, unassisted. Many though, no way. Not even close.

Yeah, tell me about it.

I've finally broke down and had to check this out. Typically, I don't pay to much attention to those so American Idol and such type of "talent shows". Hell, never even bothered with "Star Search" back in the day either. However, seemed a few folks around here was talking about this at work as well as at the ski club meeting, thus I finally had to go check it out myself. That was quite an amazing performance and really put those obnoxious judges seen on that show in their place.

But yeah, I know all about singers that seem to end up "under the radar" that has some real talent and can actually sing! Simone Simons of Epica, Floor Jansen of After Forever (sucked that band broke up), Targa Turunen, who used to be in Nightwish (and thier current singer, Annette Olzen), as well as the current singer in Aesma Deava are some of the few singers that I know that could actually sing, without all the pelvic thrusting (although they can certainly do it), without the computer voice processing, and so on. I know, because I've personally seen nearly all of these singers perform live, as well as have chatted at length with a few of them. Sad that we have some truly talented singers/vocalists out there, such as that Susan Boyle, yet the mainstream seems to keep shoveling the crap that they do at us. I guess why I long gave up on the so-called "mainstream" and decided to seek out "real" talent. Sure makes listening to music that much more enjoyable when I know it is genuine.