cna yuo raed tihs? olny 55 plepoe out of 100 can

Guest " "

Cna yuo raed tihs? Olny 55 plepoe out of 100 can.

i
cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg.
The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at
Cmabrigde Ui nervtisy, i t dseno't mtaetr in waht oerdr the ltteres in
a wrod are, the olny iproamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer
be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll
raed it whotuit a pboerlm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed
ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Azanmig huh? yaeh and
I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt!

where does the "55 people out of 100 can" come from?

Also - we took a look at this in school... you can make that same statement MUCH more difficult to read if you rearrange the letters "better" while still leaving the first and last letters in the correct place. Obviously, as the length of the word increases, so CAN the difficulty if you don't put letters near to where they are supposed to be.

Advanced readers see the shape of the word as much as they see the letters that make it up, while less advanced readers assemble the component parts of the word.

Context plays a huge part, too. I saw "taws" in J.4knee's post above, and because "'twas" is not a commonly used word any more, I had to spend some time figuring it out.

That is why many people find grammatical errors so irritating. The use of there i/o their, your i/o you're, etc. causes the reader to stop to analyze what really is being said. Editors exist for that very reason. Publishers don't want to annoy there readers.

The use of "there" i/o "their" causes you to wander. Write?

Right, "wonder." [:)]

Don't feel badly. Other languages are even worse.

can't read huh? let me scramble the letters....

I am a pian.
klinlig two drecit riardotas with one hron...
" Rdcertuioopn with aarcuccy has been my aim eevr scnie. To that end, I " rlticbraeae my eras " furnelqety at live ctnorces, and I urge our cenitls, foratcy wreorks, ssloealpepe, and egeeninrs to do tmehase. Many of our elmyeepos own spkreaes wcih tehy have pblabory bliut tevlmheses as aintehuc [sic] Kslcpih mldoes.
A nooiuorts maaizgne oisbltbesny " devetod to hgih fletiidy adiuo " rmocdemnes cinorpamg skaereps to ecah ohetr, not the the oinrgial sound! " Eauctde your eras " but " ltsneinig to lvie pfrorcemneas is not ectvffiee "! How rdlouiicus can they get? Coarinmpg sakeepr A wtih sapeker B, tehn with seprkaes, C, D - etc., caon olny maersue spkeear A wtih a rbebur yaircsdtk! Ralely, now, isn't it ptetry celar that the vlaid yrcistadk msut be lvie suond." Paul W Kpscilh
ctoivenasrve - wlil tecah you to fsih
lerbail - wlil gvie you a fsih.
cpnssooaatmie csvnvaotiree - will gvie you a fsih for that day and tecah to fsih.
loeony lib - will give you the crvtianseove's fish, tax the hkoos, bitas, lnie, mkae the polpee that are getnitg the fish to htae the fsih pirevodrs and mkae you dneped on tehm.

" Aircema is like a htlheay body and its rctaeissne is trehe flod : its ptraosiitm, its mtlarioy, and its sirtipaul life. If we can uridmenne these terhe aears, Aecimra wlil cspaolle form within." Jsepoh Sitlan
i am anti - aoiorbtn, i am for LGEAL igtrmioamin, i belivee every word of the book of Rvloaeiten and i soprput our vtes. i am a rihgt wnig eierxtsmt ancdocrig to my sclaisoit gevrnnemot. yea bdduy.