Horse Before Cart: Audiophile Shelving Widgets

With the assumption that I'll be getting a sound system in a week or two, I'll need a widget to stack everything. I'm a wood freak, and would much prefer a wooden widget to stack everything, as long as I can point'n'click the remote to all the units.

To be stacked would be an SACB, an integrated amplifier, and an AM/FM tuner. Got any advice where I can search or Google for good widgets for stacking these components? Ideally, I would prefer pine, but I don't know if I can be that picky.

And is there a better name for these widgets besides widgets?

There are many places to get audio racks, made of wood, MDF, welded steel and other materials.

I went with a rack from Skylan Manufacturing and I'm happy with it. They've done research on resonance control and know how to make good-sounding racks that are also well put together. The rack can make a difference in the system's sound, believe it or not.

Info here: http://www.skylanstands.com/racks.htm

How good is the Salamander Madrid model?  Is this product worth its $1500 bumper sticker?

I've seen the Madrid at my local dealer and I'm considering it to replace my Salamander Synergy tv cart and upright audio rack. If the center channel space is big enough for you, and the limited number of shelves sufficient than I say yeah! Really well made in my opinion like all of their stuff, extremely sturdy and well designed... and I love the look.

I've seen the Madrid at my local dealer and I'm considering it to replace my Salamander Synergy tv cart and upright audio rack. If the center channel space is big enough for you, and the limited number of shelves sufficient than I say yeah! Really well made in my opinion like all of their stuff, extremely sturdy and well designed... and I love the look.

Yep, I guess all the pine trees have been plucked from the earth, since I last bought furniture a couple of decades ago. A lot of the better-built furniture are coming out in a cherry tone. My two office windows are 25" off the floor, so the el-widgeto (Madrid) is flat enough to sit under them. Plus, I can stack my printers and my carcass on the top-shelf, so it would make a good bench under the windows. Good tips, gentlemen.

PS: Yesterday, I ordered a pair of Heresy IIIs in a walnut finish, along with Marantz units: SA-8001 SACD, PM-7001 integrated amp, and ST-7001 AM/FM. Got a good package from Today's Audio in Burton, MI. Great advice on this forum.

Wow, never really looked into their furniture before...I build an Archetype 9.0 (even though it does not exist) several years ago...just got (4) 6ft threaded rods, built 9 shelves with holes drilled in the corners, and used a 1.5" washer and nut and some rubber dampening material to set the levels and looks like I saved a lot of money. Not as eye candy friendly, but the infinite height adjustment is a sweet feature.

Yep, I guess all the pine trees have been plucked from the earth, since I last bought furniture a couple of decades ago.  A lot of the better-built furniture are coming out in a cherry tone. 

Yeah, it seems cherry is the new oak, and pine... what the heck is that? LOL You could always custom order the Heresy in pine (which must be gorgeous) and buy the Madrid in a contrasting dark espresso color. But I think what you've picked is really nice too... please keep us posted on your impressions when you get it up and running. "I remember when this was all farmland as far as the eye could see. Old man Peabody owned all of this. He had this crazy idea about breeding pine trees." ~ Dr. Emmett Brown, Back to the Future