Oh, yea baby!

dtel's wife

• Moderators

I asked JC if I could post this and he said now that we have them "in hand" it was okay.

So here goes.....sheltie dave posted some info about an audio dealer's bankruptcy auction being held in our area about a week ago. One of the items being auctioned was a MWM Grand IV system. Dtel and I are heading in another direction for 2 channel listening, so I offered to attend the auction on JC's behalf.

Well....I was the high bidder on the MWM Grand IV....JC is now the proud papa of this setup. In fact, one of the former owners of the audio store was at the auction. He informed me the MWM Grand IV was in his showroom. These "babies" are virtually "plug and play" ready. Plug them in and crank 'em up!

I don't think JC will mind if I tell you the amount of our winning bid....so.....how does less than $3000.00 sound!

I am so happy to be able to do this for JC. Less than two months ago JC sold dtel and I his 402 horns for our 2 channel project. JC gave us a deal on the 402s we couldn't pass on. When we left JC's house I was really upset because I know how much he loved those 402s.

But you get what you give....so JC here's to you and the generosity you have extended not only to dtel and I, but to numerous other forum members through the years. I know you are going to love these babies. We were the envy of the auction.

JC, thank you for letting me do this for you.

Okay, one other tidbit, I picked up a brand new, in the box, never been opened RB 75s for $30. These are for our daughter's bedroom.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Moderators

Going to pick up JC's speakers in the morning, with a big trailer. Christy's brother and I will go get them, at 526 lbs per side it's going to be fun, JC I will not put any scratches on them I will be very careful.

If you don't know what these look like........

http://www.klipsch.com/products/details/kpt-mcm-4-t-grand.aspx

She also got a steal on some new RB 75's, I opened the boxes and put them in the bedroom and connected them to the HK 930 ( unplugged the Cornwalls). They sound really good, but the Cornwalls will be reconnected permanently, the Heritage line just ruined me.

Christy, sweet deal by a sweet lady. I am going to ask you to do all my audio shopping from now on, as you do a much better job than i.

Hey, how are you at shopping for woodworking tools (my other expensive hobby)?

Dtel, you had better take good care of that lady; an awful lot of us out here are pretty darned impressed with,charmed by her.

Oh .....I trust you. I can't thank your crew enough for helping me out here. Heck...I must trust you....I bank-wired a bunch of cash too you!

I owe yall for sure.

I guess I could video tape the look on my wifes face when these babies get here. Having this whole setup and an additional 4 double stacked MWM's in my storage....I might be sleeping in the basement for awhile.

jc

• Moderators

Very, very nice, Christy! Yes

So how's the MWMs coming along, or is DTEL too busy with Spring work?

Bruce

The 4 bins are done, I just need to get the 4 drivers for them and amp and pre amp to power them with, as soon as they are done i will put some pic's. They are tiny compared to JC's monsters ! [;)]

• Moderators

Oh .....I trust you. I can't thank your crew enough for helping me out here. Heck...I must trust you....I bank-wired a bunch of cash too you!

I owe yall for sure.

I guess I could video tape the look on my wifes face when these babies get here. Having this whole setup and an additional 4 double stacked MWM's in my storage....I might be sleeping in the basement for awhile.

jc

You can trust me, I think I am a little scared of them, at close to 8' tall !

I don't think you would want to tape that, taping it may make it worse, you never know she may love them ! [:o]

You may want to go straight to storage with them.

" Do you know how hard it was for the rest of us to stay out of a bidding war for those treasures?"

I'll say...I had everything arranged for off site bidding in case JC changed his mind.

If you don't know what these look like........

http://www.klipsch.com/products/details/kpt-mcm-4-t-grand.aspx

For such a massive setup, where's the bass? I appreciate that horn bass can have a more pleasing effect, but the specs do not look all that great. Please educate me.

Rick

That is a good question/concern. Thing is...those specs are 1/2 space. I've heard these things loaded in a corner with fantastic bass. Besides....I have another 4 sets of the MWM bass bins that will be loaded with crites drivers or something else to give me more "low kick". Mark1101 had crites woofers in there in his house going flat to 30Hz effortlessly. With )my other) 4 double stacked MWM "stacked" on top of each other to couple the horns for subs....I'm might get a little extra low end bonus.

This is all gonna have to go in a very big room. These grands are over 8 ft tall...so I don't want to be sitting ten feet from them as the 510 tweeter will be firing wwaaayyy over my head.

Working on that big room idea...as a "seperate buiding". My wife is entertains the idea of getting all this big (rediculous) stuff a way to stay out of the house.

jc

• Moderators

Hey congrats............the "mwm in the house craze" continues. Good deal on those for sure........

Hey Mark,

Before it's over we can have our own "MWM in the house" thread![;)] All of us "curb sitters" can have a party together![:D]