Promedia 5.1 Ultra and THX PLEASE TAKE A LOOK!!!

prodigyk

http://reviews.ebay.com/Klipsch-ProMedia-Ultra-amp-THX-5-1-Computer-Speakers_W0QQugidZ10000000010358270

[cut and paste the link before this, this site won't format the link]

stpetesheperd on ebay posts that guide about the Ultras. He also sells a cooling kit and does refurbishing work. I have not yet used his services but he is more open about what he does and shares more repair information than Elliot Sanchez ever would. He is also very quick to respond to communication and generous with suggestions. I also have not heard anything negative about Henry and he has a 100% positive on Ebay. It's no wonder Elliot doesn't go through Ebay anymore. He no longer has a comment page he can erase all negative comments from...

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Truthfully the ProMedia setup was part a a Voodoo PC Purchase and in fact after the amp turded I bought a simple Yamaha bar style speaker that I mounted to the wall behind my montitors, I really don't use the PC for music and I actually prefer the sound low when I play games, so that is more than sufficent speaker for my use.

I have had many home systems to date, my current system is Mcintosh Pre/Pro and a Mac 7 Channel Amp, a Pioneer Elite 50 Inch Plasma 720P (Almost time to upgrade but Pioneer is no longer a Option) maybe a Panasonic 3D Plasma, Oppo's new 3D player and their original Up Scaling Unit (both SACD), a Denon Blu-Ray Player (Disappointing for the Money, the Oppo's are a better deal), and Sonus Faber Speakers in Piano Black along with a very potent Siganture Series Sunfire Sub.

I also have retired in the same closet with the Kilipshit, a Sunfire Pro/Pro and the matching 7 Channel Amp along with assorted other stuff, so electronics are a passtime and speakers I do not need, lololololol.

If you are pleased with your Klipsch that is all that matter's, I am not and I can not attach any numbers to how many systems failed and how many folks ***** and moan to hear themselves ***** and moan, but on the flip side this blog alone attest to a serious product failure and then the folks who established small business's to repair said product failures would lead me to believe there were fairly siginficant numbers involved.

Perhaps I will disassemble the setup and do my own repair, lol, new amp new processor and into my 5th wheel with the system, hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.....

Yeah...thought about that. I'll probably try the sats with my receiver. As far as the sub goes, I've had several different models and none are as punchy and satisfying as the PMU sub. The Mirage MX system is very nice and very elegant. The sats are tiny and the sub is an 8x8x8 cube with a 6.75" sub and 2 passive radiators but gives really big sound in a moderate size room. I like my PMU better though.

• 4 months later...

I contacted Elliot in March 2011 to repair my Promedia 5.1. I have an advantage in that Elliot lives a bit south of Dallas and I'm north of Dallas. His home is on my way to my mother's home in the Houston area. Elliot agreed to me dropping off my subwoofer and control box to him on a Friday evening and, if possible, I would pick it up Sunday night. My arrival back at his house on Sunday was delayed but Elliot was willing to wait for my arrival.

Elliot fixed my box in a couple days and it works fine. He charged me the amount quoted ($100).

I found Elliot to be a low-key, honest person. He has a little dog he looks out for and I believe had some family and friends around him looking at a car problem when I dropped off my system.

I give him high marks for deliverying what was promised, on-time and on-budget!

Thanks Elliott!
Kincade

I contacted Elliot in March 2011 to repair my Promedia 5.1. I have an advantage in that Elliot lives a bit south of Dallas and I'm north of Dallas. His home is on my way to my mother's home in the Houston area. Elliot agreed to me dropping off my subwoofer and control box to him on a Friday evening and, if possible, I would pick it up Sunday night. My arrival back at his house on Sunday was delayed but Elliot was willing to wait for my arrival.

Elliot fixed my box in a couple days and it works fine. He charged me the amount quoted ($100).

I found Elliot to be a low-key, honest person. He has a little dog he looks out for and I believe had some family and friends around him looking at a car problem when I dropped off my system.

I give him high marks for deliverying what was promised, on-time and on-budget!

Thanks Elliott!
Kincade

Wow you WERE very lucky Kincade. I also suggested picking up my sub from Elliot (after waiting long long long past when he said he'd have it done) and was told he wouldnt allow me to pick it up. As an update the sub arrived with four channels working. One went out in 30 minutes. Two more went out less than 6 months after repair. I now own promedia 2.0. A poor substitute but at least they work.

• 2 months later...

He's screwing me around too.Just wondeing if you recieved youre amp and refund back.Found many people he's doing this too on diferent forums includeing me.Was just wondering if this helped you, So I can be next on the Cetirfied letter list. I really don't know why Yahoo is hosting his web site whe he dose't return e-mails and his phone is full and cant recieve any calls. I wonder if anyone has spoken to Yahoo or Paypall about the way he's frauding his cotermers. Also is there a certain departmet of Cedar Hill Police Depatment you have to send this letter too.

• 3 weeks later...

Well i do want to get these speakers because i really don't have room for a receiver and on a small budget and have a lot of blu ray rips in MKV's and these are the best bet for and some good sells for this and i do someday want too change the subwoofer and have extra satellites and the center speaker. I admire the quality the way it looks and classic design and something they abandoned in the PC market especially 5.1 audio. I would have to go to Swan for a M60 5.1 but it's over 800 bucks with shipping can't afford that right now so these are the best bet. I don't like the annoying Logitech Z906 with the 3D sound which is just a fad just how netbooks were and tablets are now. I am getting tired of the marketing schemes. Ihave the Swan M50W sound ten times better than Pro Media 2.1's that sub died on me with only using it for 8 months and i don't push subwoofers hard. The Pro Media never made the walls shake. This 75Watt sub makes the walls shake when lows are being played especially in a blu ray film it's insane. How is your Pro Media 5.1's holding up? Would you buy duplicates of the system itself just to be on the safe side?

• 4 weeks later...

Well i do want to get these speakers because i really don't have room for a receiver and on a small budget and have a lot of blu ray rips in MKV's and these are the best bet for and some good sells for this and i do someday want too change the subwoofer and have extra satellites and the center speaker. I admire the quality the way it looks and classic design and something they abandoned in the PC market especially 5.1 audio. I would have to go to Swan for a M60 5.1 but it's over 800 bucks with shipping can't afford that right now so these are the best bet. I don't like the annoying Logitech Z906 with the 3D sound which is just a fad just how netbooks were and tablets are now. I am getting tired of the marketing schemes. Ihave the Swan M50W sound ten times better than Pro Media 2.1's that sub died on me with only using it for 8 months and i don't push subwoofers hard. The Pro Media never made the walls shake. This 75Watt sub makes the walls shake when lows are being played especially in a blu ray film it's insane. How is your Pro Media 5.1's holding up? Would you buy duplicates of the system itself just to be on the safe side?

Mine melted down after a couple of years of causual (at best) use. Poor design at best, and really calls in to question the quality of anything else they make.

• Moderators

Poor design at best, and really calls in to question the quality of anything else they make.

Not all Klipsch is bad. I've have been extremely pleased with EVERY Klipsch speaker I have purchased....their promedia sub just wasn't designed well with no way to discipate the heat that the amp generates. Just because one of their products stinks doesn't mean the others do as well. Their speakers are rock solid, can't say that about their subwoofers.

I used these speakers for several years (Casually as Well), along the way they would work, then not work, work, and even if I plugged them in now they might work and as soon as they sit idle they'll quit, lets sat extremely sporadic. I no longer bother setting up PC for decent sound, I use a USB Yamaha speaker mounted on the wall behind the PC, if I want music or to watch a movie I head to the Family Room where the speakers and sub still work and they are over 7-8 years old.

1. I WOULD NOT PURCHASE ANOTHER SET.

2. I will never own another Klipshit Product again, they failed their customers and offered no support for what can only be deemed a shitty product that had been poorly designed.

3. I don't like to pay someone for a service where I have no recourse to get my money back if something goes arry, I'll pass on Elliott.

If someone wants to make me a offer I would gladly sell my Klipshit set I have, they are painted a beautiful Automotive Black from VooDoo PC (The Sats)

Includes all the wires, another control box (I thought it might have been the Problem), and they look like new, that's because they were hardly used, POS.

• 11 years later...
On 1/3/2011 at 6:39 AM, satchel said:

http://reviews.ebay.com/Klipsch-ProMedia-Ultra-amp-THX-5-1-Computer-Speakers_W0QQugidZ10000000010358270

[cut and paste the link before this, this site won't format the link]

stpetesheperd on ebay posts that guide about the Ultras. He also sells a cooling kit and does refurbishing work. I have not yet used his services but he is more open about what he does and shares more repair information than Elliot Sanchez ever would. He is also very quick to respond to communication and generous with suggestions. I also have not heard anything negative about Henry and he has a 100% positive on Ebay. It's no wonder Elliot doesn't go through Ebay anymore. He no longer has a comment page he can erase all negative comments from...

I sent my promedia 5.1 to stpetesheperd and he upgraded & updated circuit boards and other electronic parts just as his eBay offer says. He added a silent cooling fan and sold me a surgeX protector for much less than I could purchase one elsewhere. My promedia 5.1 is better than new. I couldn’t be happier with his service. I highly recommend doing this.