Receiver Suggestions

Rocko81

Well I've had my Onkyo TX-SR806S for a couple weeks now. Today the Wife & I were sitting in our media room watching TV for most of the day. The weather here was a little above 80 and our media room is on the 3rd floor so it was a little hot since we haven't switched on the central A/C yet, but there is plenty of ventilation around it. With that said a few hours in I hear a loud pop from my speakers and the sound goes out on my Onkyo (still had the picture). So I turn it off, fire it back up and 2 minutes later same thing. Needless to say it will be sent back on Monday. I liked the Onkyo, but I love my Klipsch and don't want to risk ANYTHING happening to them. Any suggestions for a receiver in the $600 range (what I paid for the Onkyo new) would be a great help. I plan on picking up a Emotiva XPA-3 pretty soon so it would only be powering my surrounds at that point.

Thank you in advance,

Rocko

Denon will be releasing the latest models here in a month or two if you can hold out. I am not sure what the price point will be on the new models, but maybe get a last year model for cheap when the new ones hit the stores. That is if the newer ones are out of your price.