exploding La Scala pic?

Timmikid

The ported La Scala is strictly DIY. As to sound, most who've done it prefer it. I would do it to any La Scalas I owned, plus it's fully reversible. The opening at the bottom is for acccess to the woofer.

The following thread link: Ported La Scalas?

will give you more info on ported La Scalas than you want, including links to other threads with links to other threads. It's sort of an audio Ponzi scheme. Isn't the Internet great?

Quick !

This is V-E-R-Y important ! !

Navigate to your display settings in the Control Panel for your PC.

Make the color for your desktop background on your display solid-black.

Then right click on the exploding diagram that DizRotus posted in this thread.

Select "Set as Background".

This has got to be the B-E-S-T desktop ever for those of us who love the La Scala.

is there a similiar view of a khorn?

I've only done the LaScala.

It actually has one piece missing, and I have never gotten around to adding it. [:$] I'll try to get it done. The piece missing is a three inch piece across the back, which would support the top.

I've got a couple others with different wood grains and different angles, too. I had saves some actual veneer pics from one of the suppliers websites, and mapped them onto the drawings.

Here's one in red oak, already 1024 x 768

Bruce

post-7149-13819465438154_thumb.jpg

" . . . the exploding diagram that DizRotus posted in this thread."

Let there be no misunderstanding! I posted the excellent picture that my friend Bruce aka Marvel (he bought one of his H/K 430s from me) created. Now if we can only prevail upon him to explode a Klipschorn and a Jubilee.

Maybe a Cornwall or Heresy... they're easy. [;)]

I rarely use the program I did that with (Caligari trueSpace, now owned by Microsoft and available free). I have to re-learn it every time I try to use it.

I would love to have the time to do a KHorn, maybe wait a while on the Jubilee, since it is newer and I don't have accurate measurements for all the dimensions.

The H/K is working wonderfully, btw. I have two... my younger son is using one of them

Bruce

Hey Blindman, are those Moondogs in your avatar? Mine have the logo on the ends, and it thew me a bit seeing them that way.

Yep. My avatar depicts a Welborne Labs 2A3 SET Moondog. The other Moondog is a mirror image of the one in my avatar.

Funny that you should mention the logo. It took me forever to decide exactly where (and which side) to mount them on. Decisions, decisions, decisions.

I think I bought one of the last Moondog kits just before Ron Welborne decided to stop offering them for sale back in November 2002.

Since I bought unassembled kits, I was able to mount the metal plate with the logo on it anywhere I wanted to.

I get a great deal of pleasure showing my friends the photograhs that I took during the buildup process. Especially if said friend has never heard them playing through my Klipschorns.

One of the best advantages of having built them myself is that I have a complete parts list, a complete set of assembly diagrams, and if anything ever goes wrong, I know exactly what to test, what to replace, and what to replace it with. My original 3 year warranty expired over 3 years ago.

I am the fourth owner for mine, and have a list of the parts and schematic for it. I have thought of putting in grid chokes, but don't want to spend the money. Since I didn't build mine, I put up with the logos on the ends, but it also means all the connections are on the back side.

I LOVE the way they sound with my LaScalas.

Bruce

post-7149-13819465466674_thumb.jpg

is there a similiar view of a khorn?

I've only done the LaScala.

It actually has one piece missing, and I have never gotten around to adding it. Embarrassed I'll try to get it done. The piece missing is a three inch piece across the back, which would support the top.

I've got a couple others with different wood grains and different angles, too. I had saves some actual veneer pics from one of the suppliers websites, and mapped them onto the drawings.

Here's one in red oak, already 1024 x 768

Bruce

fantastic work! [Y]