Cherry RF-7's For Sale---Life Lesson, Go With Your Gut Instinct

willland

Got up this morning at 6:00am, turned on computer, went to craigslist.org, clicked on Orlando, typed Klipsch, and low and behold at the top of the page was an add for a mint pair of cherry RF-7's for $600.00/pair. The add described the RF-5's but the picture looked liked RF-7's. I then emailed the seller with my questions and he said he made a mistake and typed 2-8 inch woofers instead of 10 inch woofers.

I then went on the avs forum and someone had posted asking was $600.00 a good price for RF-7's. I naturally could not bring myself to answer his post and promptly called the seller to arrange to see the speakers. He said he would not be available until after 1:00pm. I chose not to meet him yet because I did not have the means to transport them because my son's car seat would have to be removed in order to make room for them.

When I got home, I got my measuring tape out and determined that they would fit in my wife's car. Called him and he said someone else(avs poster) was on his way to see them but said he would call back if guy didn't take them. Twenty minutes passed and got call saying guy wanted them but had to get a way to transport them. He told that guy I was interested also and would not hold them too long. An hour later seller called me to say they were sold.

The lesson to be learned was I should have gone over first and handed the $$$ over and arranged later for pickup. I would have beat the guy that bought them by at least an hour. Also, the seller was honest and honored his first agreement. I too could not have snaked the buyer by offering more money for them. By the way, the add was active for less than 23 hours. If the truth is known, I would have bought them and flipped them for a nice profit and used the proceeds to buy the RC-64.

Bill

PS---Congratulations to nixonrsx(avs member) on your purchase, you got a steal.

That stinks.

A couple weeks ago a local seller on craigslist had a pair of mint looking Cornwall IIs advertised for sale for $700. I emailed and asked him how much he wanted for the Academy center speaker that was pictured and he said it was included in the price of the Cornwalls. I emailed him back early Monday morning and said that I'd drive down to meet him Tuesday night after work. He said "deal" and asked me to call him. He never provided a phone number so I emailed him back and said that I didn't have his phone number. He emailed me back Monday night and said "Thank you for your interest in the speakers but they were sold today."

Truth be told there as well, I would have sold the Cornwalls and enjoyed my free Academy.

Got up this morning at 6:00am, turned on computer, went to craigslist.org, clicked on Orlando, typed Klipsch, and low and behold at the top of the page was an add for a mint pair of cherry RF-7's for $600.00/pair. The add described the RF-5's but the picture looked liked RF-7's. I then emailed the seller with my questions and he said he made a mistake and typed 2-8 inch woofers instead of 10 inch woofers.

I then went on the avs forum and someone had posted asking was $600.00 a good price for RF-7's. I naturally could not bring myself to answer his post and promptly called the seller to arrange to see the speakers. ...... I too could not have snaked the buyer by offering more money for them. By the way, the add was active for less than 23 hours. If the truth is known, I would have bought them and flipped them for a nice profit and used the proceeds to buy the RC-64.

Bill

PS---Congratulations to nixonrsx(avs member) on your purchase, you got a steal.

It appeared that Zen Traveler woke up slightly earlier than you and gave some good advice. ;-) Btw, good post and an admirable position to take....Surely it will bring you good karma in the next endeavor. [Y]

Looks like the person who got them just signed up on here...

Winning a deal like that, he deserves to be on this forum. Our chess match was short lived but fun while it lasted. Let's help him find a cherry RC-7.

Bill

everyone on here is awesome!! i really appreciate all the good words....unlike bill, I will have these in my main system for as long as I can forsee, and I am super excited. I should have joined this site along time ago when I bought my first Klipsch's, about 10 years ago, im 28 now. Kindly enough, a guy emailed me about selling his cherry rc-7.....and I am thinking of taking him up on the deal, although I would like to find a local one, cause he is in washington state and i am fla....hate for it to get damaged on the long journey....so we will see.....thanks again guy!!! :)

• 1 month later...