Hooking up some RF-7's

nixonrsx

Just picked up some RF-7's and Im still a little bit confused on how to hook them up....I am not bi-wiring them as of now. They are not the same setup as in the figures. They have a LF side, with both + and - and a HF side with both + and -. Right now I have them hooked up to just the HF side + and -. Is the correct? Oh and I have an RC-3 center, do you think its a good match for the RF-7's or should I look into getting a RC-7? Thanks everyone....

post-36578-13819465433234_thumb.jpg

As long as you have the jumper straps hooked up.........you can hook up to either side, it makes no difference.

Right now I have them hooked up to just the HF side + and -. Is the correct?

Yes.

yup...i only live about 10 minutes from the guy who was selling them. right place, right time...i was pretty lucky.and here they are in there new home....just gotta find a cherry rc-7 now, cause that rc-3 looks tiny....they even make the 61" tv look smaller....lol

post-36578-13819465439974_thumb.jpg

This is the pair that another forum member was only an hour late in picking up.

Not an hour late, just the wrong decision. I should have dropped money off and came back to pick up. My loss, nixonrsx's gain. He deserves them more because he is keeping them for himself. I saw the photo in the CL add and they look mint. Fwiw, the seller(Sean) could have legitimately raised his price when he realized their value but he graciously chose not to. What a class act he is.

Bill

hate to dissapoint, but it is just a yamaha htr-5760.....beleieve it or not it has pushed any speaker i have had to levels even i dont listen at, and does so pretty easily, it barely gets a workout during a movie, most of the time it stays cool. however, i would like to step up to an emotiva a/v processor and an xpa-5 when i feel comfortable spending some more cash, by that time i should hopefully have an rc-7.

Any idea why he didn't know their value?

I can't say for sure he didn't know the value but he paid $2500.00 @ Sound Advice a few years ago. He did not seem upset when I broke the news that they go for $1000 to $1400 a pair on the used market. I do know he priced them for a quick sell but may have dropped too low. He was a class guy that many could learn from. He bought a Pioneer Kuro 60 inch plasma and a pair of Def Tech Mythos to frame the plasma(WAF). He must not have needed the money that bad.

Bill

Any idea why he didn't know their value?

I can't say for sure he didn't know the value but he paid $2500.00 @ Sound Advice a few years ago. ;;; He was a class guy that many could learn from.

I am not questioning his classiness or if he needed the money, but if he paid $2500 for a pair of RF-7s and sold them for $600 it appeared he didn't know their value. [;)]

He was a very nice guy, about 40ish, lived in a super nice neighborhood in what I would say about a 400K house. I dont think he needed to money to bad, just wanted to get what he thought was a fair price.

Fwiw, the RF-7s retailed for $2200 MSRP and you got more than a fair price considering what they are worth.......Way to go! [Y]