rf 3 up grade or down grade

jess28

hey im new to all this ,it my first post ever so sorry ahead of time for any mistakes made. i own a onkyo 806 front L/R are synergy f-3 and the c-2 as my center. now i know these are not regarded as the best speakers around but i got pair for amazingly cheap and i really like them took a couple hours to get acustomed to the horn but now i couldn't think of owning a pair of speaker without a horn.I've heard nothing but great things about the rf series now i know so much of what makes a speaker enjoyable is self preference that aside would the rf -3's be a upgrade ? I know they are no longer made but new is not alway's better imho sometimes it just the opposite. i can get what i think is a decent deal so i just wanted some opinions.Also i found a good deal on a single rf 82 slight physical damage nothing sound but would cost me a couple hundred more than the rf3 for the pair I've checked out the specs on both fairly similar i think except for the enclosure. thanks for any opinions anybody may be able to share

when I asked about the then new Synergy F-3s, I was told by Klipsch employees that the Synergy F-3s are updated RF-3s...take that for what it is worth but other than the copper color and wood veneer...you should be fine where you're at...now the others might be a different story...

Bill

thanks for the post i did not know that about the f-3 so that helps alot. so the rf 82 are a definate improvement? though i have not had the chance to audition them or any of the rf series (none in my area) i've heard and been told if i like the f-3's i wil love the rf series. appaqrently the titanium tweeter is better then aluminum and they a somewhat more efficient.

I just sold my F-3's and bought the RF-82's. When the RF-82's came out I listened to them at BB. I couldn't justify the expense as they didn't sound that much different (so I thought). I finally came across a pair of RF-82's on craigslist, brand new for a great price so I pulled the trigger. Well all I can say is I was missing out for that year that I waited, I wish I had bought them earlier. So IMO go for the 82's you'll be happy you did, I know I am.

Rocko