Do you have Swine Flu?

jacksonbart

Personally.....I think this particular outbreak of swine flu needs to be looked at closely due to the manner in which it has mutated. I have no factual evidence to support my "hunch", but when all is said & done I feel very strongly that we'll start to see some patterns that inevitably will cause one to suspect what I think is possiby not just the source of all the angst, but the real reason for the outbreak. To wit and ergo.....I offer this opine into the abyss of this potential mankind killer......this, this.....take-no-prisoners disease......this sickening, vile organism, this, this.......

uhhhhh.....where was I??? Oh yeah......

The search for the truth is being lost in the shuffle for sensationalism and other such media circus propoganda tirades to whitewash what certain men (unscupulous, if you ask me) know about this life robbing sickness. I'm sure by now you know where I'm going with this. And that's good - for I've succeeded in making you THINK for once. But what is really important is that YOU KNOW where I'm going and not your ignorant neighbor who listens to his avant garde loudspeakers in his posh isolated Paul Anka world thinking everything is rosey yet not considering that his radon levels could be rising. But I digress....

I would love to continue this diatribe and purposely pull you deeper into the mindless drivel that streams from my conciousness, but why subject you to that when you can watch commercials all day while your iTune sends compressed audio through your Jolida onward towards your happy Klipsch?? See?? I knew you would agree.

Suffice it to say.....swine flu is HERE and it's REAL and will prove to be the undoing of those non-believers. And you know who you are. So look at yourself in the mirror and ask yourself, "Am I immune?" HA - I laugh in your face at your smug answer.

Tom

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Can it be much worse than the Hampster Cold?

Different method of contaction.

I would like to tell you but I am treading on thin water after my gerbil leprosy post got deleted. I will give you hint, stay away from hamster balls. Get your mind out of the gutter I mean those clear exercise spheres

I'm very hesitant in posting this, but jacksonbart's post about gerbils kinda compells me to say this........

It just p*sses me off to no end that this swine flu gets all this press and no one, and I MEAN NO ONE, says a dad-burn thing about the horribly dispicable things caused by Tarapin cancer or Dolphin salt water rash.

Tom

2009 Swine Flu (H1N1) Outbreak Map

First confirmed death outside Mexico is in Texas.

Anyone wondering about this story...?

First death in Mexico may have been Felipe Solis. Obama was received at Mexico's
anthropology museum in Mexico City by Felipe Solis, a distinguished
archeologist who died after the two
shook hands; inital reports said he died the following day from flu symptoms, later reports stated he died three days later, even later reports claimed it was a week later (of unknown causes).

When Obama returned to DC the press asked if he had been tested yet as a precaution, and the official government medical spokesman's answer was, "No, the protocol is to not test until symptoms show".

It doesn't matter where a flu carrier calls home. It doesn't matter whether the travel was business, pleasure, medical, visitation, study, political, relocation, or any other kind. It's a communicable disease, which means it may spread from everywhere each carrier may travel. What matters is where the carrier traveled geographically.

I spent last weekend in Mexico City. The pandemic was in it's infancy then, although it seemed to be well known locally as 20-30 percent of the locals were wearing masks. It was only after I sat down that evening and watched CNN that I became aware of the problem. I knew nothing of it prior to my arrival.

It's a very sad situation, particularly for those who have lost family members. But not one which really surprises me. SARS impacted my life (economically, not physically) to a great degree and I learned just how small the planet really is. I think that shutting down the border is a joke. Would we consider shutting down the border if the problem had started in Quebec or Toronto? I seriously doubt it. The largest outbreak in the US is in a Queens New York high school. I'm pretty sure they were at 37,000 feet when they crossed the border and are all US citizens.

There are already document cases in Europe. Did Mexicans swim the Atlantic?

I have heard that it can take 5-10 days for the flu to materialize. In the meantime, I'm sorry to report that my Last Will leaves my 12 Klipsch speakers to my daughter.

Cough, hack, sniff.

I think they need to shut down the US/Mexico border. Thats my 2 cents.

The actual global super highway for viral epidemics like this is the international air traffic network, not local land borders.

True, but it's a good idea nonetheless.

They are limiting flights to and from Mexico. They probably should implement remote body temp monitoring at border crossings to scan and contain febrile travelers. Periodically we have these more virulent forms of the flu. But, in most of the previous recent ones they were defined in advance and vaccines were developed. A typical flu season takes about 36,000 lives. The Hong Kong flu got about 1,000,000 lives. So these exotic flu strains do kill more people even when they are anticipated. In this instance the ugly bug is a complete surprise and no measures were put into place in advance. It is a killer and those more susceptible (the young, the infirm and the elderly) are at risk. It is quite infectious. One infected person in the days before expressing acute symptoms will expose everyone they come in contact with, and the dominoes begin.

It won't be anything like the 1918 pandemic. It won't be as bad as a pandemic of SARS or the Bird flu. But, it is loose on a worldwide scale and a lot of people will die from this in the next few months time. It will impact modern western countries and those affluent less so. Imagine though, this getting loose among our own homeless population. Time will tell. The public health system missed getting HIV understood fast enough and millions have died. Infectious diseases can be real buggers. Wash those hands frequently, cough into your elbow crux and tell everyone you know to stay home if they think they are getting any sort of illness. Some common sense and a little prayer certainly are in order.

• Moderators

The actual global super highway for viral epidemics like this is the international air traffic network, not local land borders.

Don't forget the cruise ships that are each bringing 3000 or so people per boat back and forth to Mexico each week.

Swine flu is the new Octomom, which was the new Flordia-white-trash daughter killer which was the new missing Aruba girl which was the new Lindsey Peterson.

There does not seem to be any news these days, it is all mega-news. Listen to me on the TV, hey - over here, the louder I talk the more "real" it is. Don't turn me off!!!!