Do you have Swine Flu?

jacksonbart

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Indeed. Another one of those diseases with no known cure.

dtel does note that for some unknown reason a portion of the public does seem to be immunized by the bose cube vaccination.

This is actually questionable, though, since some number among the public have a natural immunity, apparently.

My gf was in Hong Kong last weekend, and is now having the runny nose, achy arms and joints. No fever yet. She's pretty healthy, but she is also in the middle of China and the health care is... different.

• Moderators

those body scanners used in some of those airports are pretty cool--measures body heat and can detect if someone has a fever.

Marvel says she set's them off anyway so that would not be anything unusual for her ! [:D]

Marvel--i hope she doesn't have the flu. does she live here or still overseas?

She is working in Nanchang, about a 13 hour train ride north of Hong Kong. One of her students had the sniffles and was looking at her new cell phone, so she is thinking it's a cold. Over 12 hours into the symptoms and no fever. She lives in an apartment on the campus where she works, and I told her to go to the school clinic in the morning. She'll have to find someone to translate for her, though, which is a real problem. Since she's 12 hours ahead of us me time wise, it's 7:30 a.m. there.

those body scanners used in some of those airports are pretty cool--measures body heat and can detect if someone has a fever.

Marvel says she set's them off anyway so that would not be anything unusual for her ! Big Smile

dtel understands pretty well. [Y][Y][Y][Y][Y] [:)]

EDIT: Just got offline with her. She was up this morning and went jogging. Hasn't had a fever at all. Occasional cough, stuffy/runny nose. Looks to be a cold with possible allergies kickin' in. We'll see how her day goes, while I go to sleep. This 12 hour time diff. is rough.

So... my gf figured out what was going on. She had this happen before, and had forgotten about it.

Chalk dust. No white boards and dry erase markers in the classrooms, just old fashioned chalk boards, which she doesn't normally clean herself. She did the other day, and had an awful reaction to the dust. She is pretty much back to normal, except for the usual Spring dust and pollen when she goes out running in the morning. Being in a city in China with a population of 4 million, the air isn't the best anyway.

So she doesn't have the flu. [Y]

I would love to know what is in the chalk...

Bruce

well that certainly is good news bruce. allergies are pretty powerful sometimes. my asthma has went off the charts quite a few times after encountering an offending agent. For me it's grass, pine trees, and certain fumes, even being around a lady that has some potent perfume. i like that line from Gallagher when he's talking about being on an airplane with a lady that has overpowering perfume, "if you like the smell so much, stick it up YOUR nose."

• 1 month later...