New diaphrams in Driver

kg4guy

After the fourth time taking apart and looking over what I did I fixed it.These drivers have loading caps and there is only one way to put the diaphram in because only 3 of the holes are deep enough for the loading cap screws so I put the diaphram in another position and then used washers on the loading cap screws so they would fit in the diaphram screw holes.The diaphram fit more flush this way and so far sounds 95 % better.I would post photos however my camera is messed up. Thanks

I didn't I sold the 288's and got 2 pair of 806-8a's as I didn't want to wreck a nice pair of 511b's trying to modify them and the 806's are a big improvement over the K-55's so I am happy.I need to do some crossover mods as I am running them with a type A with 12uf Hovland caps and a 2.2 Mundorf Supremes. I will use a 10.5 cap and a 1.2 cap that should bring the crossover up to 500hz + and the highend up around 6000hz. Thanks