Bloze jokes?

LNEtubaPLYR

With walking into a room filled with bose and hearing good sound would scare the s*&^ out of me cwm24.gif

quote:

Overall, the Bose would be fine if you only listened to talk radio

Doesn't Paul Harrvey promote the bose radio? just a thought. things acctually fit together...... amazing.cwm27.gif

------------------

My 2 cents...

I'll put it on your tab. :)

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just came across this in some of my research on other thangs. this guy sums up bose pretty well for those bose-bashers.

DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM BOSE

Most people thing Bose is the best. Bose is geared toward the uneducated public (audio- wise). These types of people

generally shop in large electronic stores, and Bose is always a company that is carried. These people go in with money in hand,

and are ready to make a purchase that day. They might listen to a few speakers, but they always go back to Bose. For them

Bose is an easy purchase. Everyone has heard of Bose speakers. If people took time to listen to them they would realized they

sound terrible. Bose is often by itself in speaker rooms because Bose does not want any speaker near them so they can make a

quick comparison. Bose does not do any research and development. They spend all of their money on advertising. Bose spent

more on advertising last year than all high-end companies combined. Most speaker companies advertise only in audio and

home theater magazines. Bose on the other hand advertises in regular magazines such as People, Time, Playboy, and many

others. You will also see Bose in the background of many movies and TV shows. Bose pays them to put them in there so more

people see their products (the advertising term is product placement). Bose is the only speaker company with a TV

commercial. They also advertise in the most read audio magazines such as Audio and Stereo Review. Both of these magazines

should never be read, unless for a good laugh. They do not give bad reviews so they love everything no matter how bad it

sounds (including Bose). And, for all reviews they just reiterate the manufacturers specifications. But, since Bose doesn't have

any they just tell about how nice and unobtrusive they look.

Bose speakers in general are not full range speakers. (side note: My definition of full range should be at least from 60Hz to

20,000Hz and the frequency response should not deviate from the reference more than 3 dB in either direction (+or-).) The

AM series, lifestyle, and 501 have a tweeter, and a "subwoofer". The subwoofer covers from about 250 Hz and below. No

tweeter can accurately and with a fairly flat frequency response reproduce 125-20,000 Hz. So what this relates into is a big dip

in the midrange. They have a lot of highs which most people mistake for clarity, and they have some upper bass. The

subwoofer is a bandpass design, and is only usable in a narrow frequency. Bose's bandpass subs are very slow and boomy.

People mistake that as real bass. They also use two 5 1/4" woofers. A 5 1/4" is not a subwoofer. A subwoofer is designated as

a speaker that can reproduce the lower octaves (usually 100-20 HZ). The "subwoofer" can not reproduce this accurately so it

is only two woofers in a box, and not a subwoofer. Having the sub crossover so high also allows someone to easily hear the

relative position of the "sub". Bass is nondirectional from about 100 Hz and below. The V-100, 100, 151, 141, and freestyle

are all speakers that only use one driver. No matter what tricks they use a single 4 1/2" driver can't be full range. The 901 uses

nine 4 1/2" drivers (eight of them facing the back wall!). They need an equalizer to get closer to a full range flat frequency

response. An equalizer should never be used to fix speaker response problems. The 201, 301, and 801 are also

"direct-reflecting" speakers. Direct-reflecting is a marketing scheme. It does nothing for sound.

Bose in general uses cheap material for their speakers. They use plastic enclosures. One of the best materials (and the most

used) is Medium Density Fiberboard (MDF). Their speaker drivers are also low quality. The majority of tweeters in todays

speakers are dome tweeters. Bose uses cone tweeters because they are cheap to make. And the last thing I am going to say is

that they do not change their speakers. They add a roman numeral to them and call them a new series. The Acoustimass

speakers were originally introduced in the mid-80's. They have not changed them since. The 901 has been around since the

60's and 70's. Both the AM and 901 speakers just get another roman numeral addition to denote a "new series".

I know what you are thinking, but "What about the good reviews I have read in Stereo Review and Consumer Reports". These

magazines give everything a favorable review. Stereo Review has been saying all equipment sounds the same since the

magazine first started. If everything sounds the same what the hell are they here for. The magazine is not worth the paper it is

printed on. Consumer Reports is even worse. They do not listen to any of the components they "test". All they do is give more

specs and then base their recommendations on specs and who sued them last. Bose sued CR because they gave Bose (901) a

negative review. They said that CR used unscientific testing methods. CR won the suit, but Bose has since always been given

good (great usually) reviews. So they are now definitely very biased. Two subjective review magazines have also reviewed

Bose, Stereophile Guide to Home Theater (SGHT) and Home Theater magazine. Both magazines gave Bose (AM-10 to be

exact) a negative review. Both of these are magazines that give subjective reviews which means they give positive and negative

reviews. Which means they don't have to worry about pissing anyone off (and even if they do they don't care) so they will give

a honest review of all products. Home Theater magazine in fact lost Bose as an advertiser (good riddance if you ask me) after

they published the negative review of the AM-10. If you want to know how the review went it got a 62 on a scale of 50-100

which is the lowest anything has gotten in their magazine (JAN 1998 issue). The SGHT review was a little bit more nicer. They

reviewed the AM-10 for a face off with two other budget HT speaker packages (JBL and PSB). They felt the Bose was the

worst of the bunch, but that was about it.

Here is a recap. Reasons why Bose suck:

Biggest reason: SOUND TERRIBLE

Lacking in the midrange (all vocals and most instruments are on the midrange)

Cheap plastic enclosures

No bass at all especially with the Acoustimass speakers (Dual 5 1/4 are not subwoofers)

Bandpass subwoofer=boomy and one notey

Tweeters can not cover the area above the sub effectively

"Subwoofer" will not distort because it has current limiting circuitry built in

Use cheap low quality drivers

Way overpriced (Speakers a quarter of the price sound better!!!)

If you don't believe me take some time to carefully listen to them and other speakers. It is easy to tell the difference between

Bose and other speakers if you take the time to listen carefully.

------------------

My Home Systems Page

Time to be honest. how many klipschers have owned a peice of bose crap? come on let it out. or how many people seriously thought about it? i mean got up to the check out and it dawned on you "damn, these speakers suck!" lets hear some stories. cwm33.gif

------------------

My 2 cents...

Bose suck! My wife likes them because they are small. She has a co-worker that has them for her "home theatre". Oh and get this! My wife then tells me the other day that when "Tracy" wants to listen to music she uses her "other" speakers. Can you say DUH!!! The fun part...we are real close to buying a new house. It has a 19 x 21 rec room that is slated for a 55" HDRP and my KLF-30's, KLF-C7, Heresy rears, and a SVS 20-39 CS+. My wife is going to want to have her friends over for dinner. I can't wait...another Klipsch convert!

Woman are scared by large speakers!!!

Hello. My name is Kenneth Harden and I haven't used Bose for four years.

Hi Kenneth, great!, CLAP, CLAP

Yes, I was in the market, and someone had me try some Bose. I seemed good at the time, but before I took it, someone showed my some JBL. They had Horn, they were great!

while at Tweeter today, i heard a lady talking more audiphile than i have just about ever read on this BB. i was amazed. it appears that her husband knows nothing when it comes to this stuff. she bought a martin logan system... yeah, she knows her stuff Smile.gif she even knew where to go to get the open box stuff, major deals back there BTW.

------------------

-justin

ProMedia 5.1 Tech Help

I am an amateur, if it is professional;

ProMedia help you want email Amy or call her @ 1-888-554-5665 or for an RA# 800-554-7724 ext 5

Klipsch Home Audio help you want, email support@klipsch.com or call @ 1-800-KLIPSCH

RA# Fax Number=317-860-9140 / Parts Department Fax Number=317-860-9150s>

quote:

Originally posted by kenratboy:

Tell me about

TWEETER

A chain store that sells Martin Logan? What else? Reno sucks big time for Hi-fi, unless you want Bose.

Tweeter Home Entertainment, they sell all kinds of high end stuff, from Klipsch to Martin to Marantz to... yeah you get it. And there are two right by my house, and then just like a block away a Home Entertainment store, a few miles further and you find another HT store Smile.gif

------------------

-justin

ProMedia 5.1 Tech Help

I am an amateur, if it is professional;

ProMedia help you want email Amy or call her @ 1-888-554-5665 or for an RA# 800-554-7724 ext 5

Klipsch Home Audio help you want, email support@klipsch.com or call @ 1-800-KLIPSCH

RA# Fax Number=317-860-9140 / Parts Department Fax Number=317-860-9150s>

DOUBLE POSTSmile.gif

I am a tech geek, and I have a Bose theory:

People like me realize technology and innovation is the key to the development of the tech world. The GeForce 4, Pentium 4/AMD Athlon didn't make themselves. Well, shouldn't audio be the same way? If you research sound enough, shouldn't you get more sound out of less space?

Well, this is where physics steps in. Need I say more. You can shrink a microprocessor, but you can't shrink a speaker to make it better.

Any business that has bose setup in the CD part must really suck bad.. Go to best Buy and look up at the poles they have those crappy cubes on the poles.

I got a big problem I was with my dad and we where Talking to our stock broker. He said you both need to come to my house and hear my system. I said really? what you got. He said he got the $2000 bose system. I was like ohh no watch him run his mouth on his crap. He was talking about how his bose system blew up because he tried to add other brands and the system had a short in it. Something crazy He was like yeah my speakers alone are $1000 i was like. man my RSW-15 is more then that. And I know he could of got a lot better system if he heard Klipsch. I wounder how i can stand the sound when i go to house 5000 square foot house. I guess i can smile the whole time when i am there and every few min i can run out to the car and listen to the factory audio system in the car. lol

------------------

Bose Suck..Period

Until 5.1 came around I think Bose held their own; it was wonderus (Pres. Bush), it was powerful,it made surround sound. Little bitty speakers makin a big giant sound, imagine that??? Everybody learns from somebody. Who would think a little bitty ole PM 5.1 could make some gracious sound like the big boys RF-7s, Rf-3s, RC-3s... who are we kiddin???

Get Real, we love our toy computers and stuff, but the wife says the real speakers are in the family room and quit wasting her (MY) money. She wants her Bose back because the RF-7s are taken up too much room! Sadly it'll never happen...bigger is better.

Will my computer ever let those PM 5.1s shine???

Some humble opinions from a guy who wants good sound.

Best Regards,

raidmac

I was just looking around the bose website for kicks a giggles. and look at this what did i find? very interesting....

quote:

In short, if you don't see the Bose logo, you won't be getting our expertise as the most respected name in sound.

Here is my quote "In short, if you do see the Bose Logo, run."

Smile.gif

------------------

My 2 cents...