OT: PC & website error question

Coytee

Question... I have a website I go to at times when I'm at home (it's work related). When I go there, I ALWAYS get this error (below). I can click on the 'continue to website' and it works just fine. Isn't there something I can do to alleviate this error each time I try to go here and if so, what would I do?

?

There is a problem with this website's security certificate.

The security certificate presented by this website was issued for a different website's address.

Security certificate problems may indicate an attempt to fool you or intercept any data you send to the server.

We recommend that you close this webpage and do not continue to this website.

Click here to close this webpage.

Continue to this website (not recommended).

More information
If you arrived at this page by clicking a link, check the website address in the address bar to be sure that it is the address you were expecting. When going to a website with an address such as https://example.com, try adding the 'www' to the address, https://www.example.com. If you choose to ignore this error and continue, do not enter private information into the website.

For more information, see "Certificate Errors" in Internet Explorer Help.

If you're not already using Mozilla Firefox as a browser, install it
and then when you go to the website there will be a button you can
click on that says "Or you can add an exception" and then that error message won't pop up anymore.

Firefox is a million times better than Internet Explorer if that's what you're using.

click on that says "Or you can add an exception" and prevent that message from coming up again.

If you're using Internet Explorer, Firefox is a million times better than it.

click on that says "Or you can add an exception" and prevent that message from coming up again.

Or at least three times better... [;)]

Unfortunately, the website in question is for my quote system (that I'm accessing from home). They do not support anything other than Internet Explorer. I suppose they do that so they only have one bucket of problems and don't have to repeat anything twice...or thrice... [:o] [;)] [:D]

Or at least three times better... [;)]

Unfortunately, the website in question is for my quote system (that I'm accessing from home). They do not support anything other than Internet Explorer. I suppose they do that so they only have one bucket of problems and don't have to repeat anything twice...or thrice... [:o] [;)] [:D]

Coytee,

If you want to use Firefox, which I agree is much better than IE, there is an "add-on" available at the main Moziila web site that you can install into your Firefox and it alows you to open what would normally be "IE only" web sites.

Coytee,

If you want to use Firefox, which I agree is much better than IE, there is an "add-on" available at the main Moziila web site that you can install into your Firefox and it alows you to open what would normally be "IE only" web sites.

The add on is IE Tab. You tell it which sites you wish to have appear as IE would render them. I have even done Windows updates while running Firefox. It is too cool. It lets FF use the IE render engine. I use it when I connect to my MS Exchange server thru the web, and when running the Oracle front end to our schools system.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/1419

I'm sure if you install this, you will find it works really well.

Bruce

For Internet Explorer... On the menu go to "Tools"... then choose "Internet Options"... go over to the "Advanced" tab... then scroll down to the bottom and you should see a "Security" section with some check boxes. There will be two:

"Check for publisher's certificate revocation" and

"Check for server certificate revocation"

If either of these boxes is checked, you can uncheck them and the error should go away. But they are generally checked for a reason... to help notify you, that you may be visiting a spoofed and/or hacked website. I currently use and recommend FireFox as well, so I haven't used IE in a couple of years. But there may be a way to set an exception in the newer versions of IE to help eliminate the error on a case-by-case basis.