Help! How do you organize your Record Collection?

Dennie

System, smishtem. Chaos should rule!

At any given time I have no idea where anything is in relation to another. Works great. I'm constantly surprised and amazed at the works I uncover while searching for something else. It's the only way to go. After all life, and music, is an adventure, not preparation for receiving an accounting degree in the afterlife. So take them all down, do the shelves right and put them back in no discernible order.

Besides I hate twisting my neck sideways to read some tiny type. I keep records in at least 5 locations in my house, but all of them are accessible by flipping not doing some sort of stork contortion.

Here's a pic of one batch. Not to sturdy and will be replaced with a dedicated flip rack one of these days, but you get the idea:

post-14801-13819465992686_thumb.jpg

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm with you Thebes. I like to flip through the records, and therefore have them all in milk crates that are hidden behind my sliding closet doors. No particular order but somehow I know where everything is. It must be my quasi-photographic mind... it operates in black and white and sometimes the reception is fuzzy, but it gets the job done. [:P]