Kindle

Speedball

Has anyone seen the new way to read books?

Now if there was a really good way to hand write onto something like that. I take lots of notes and if someone ever perfected a way to make the smooth transition onto something like a KindleI, it would be very interesting to me. Cool technology to say the least.

One of my co-workers got one as a Christmas present last year and he loves it. He wouldn't have spent the money himself, but it was a gift from his sister. You can put in annotations, but by typing them. They really are pretty cool. He loads in a bunch of books when he goes off for the weekend.They certainly have enough available that it is beyond the gimmick stage. Wireless connection and you don't have to pay for it. You can email your own documents to it to have available...

now I've seen it all. a wireless 'reading device'? reminds me of when I walk into a library nowadays and see a coffee shop and rows of computers- where'd they put the BOOKS?

Kindle may be cool, but doesn't look as cool in your home as rows and rows of books. Besides, printed photos will always have better resolution than anything on a computer screen. The cost is pretty high and I checked a book that I refer to quite a bit and the Kindle price was $2 higher than the hardback cover edition.

Thanks, but I'm staying OLD SCHOOL on this one.

Besides, I love my clutter.