Score of the century

Mic Stiffy

Absolutely mind boggling! I still cannot comprehend.

If you take pi over the square root of the price times the hours of listening enjoyment divided by days owned adjusted for leap years minus the present value of the gas money to Delaware plus the WAF factor (which is very high in my case since I paid nothing), I am confident that I am still in the lead.

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anything free does not count. Jeremy has the score of the century and I am second with my $25 pair of Heresy I's in great condition!

Since this was bumped back up and we are ranking deals, I just want it to be known that I have 2 pair of Cornwalls with a total investment of $25. I think I should be able to find a seat somewhere up there near Gary. Big Smile

Jeremy

okay, okay, since we are measuring.....lol

i paid $400 for my RF-7 (x2) and RC-7 (x1). yep, that's it, $400. tax, title, ins, delivery, out the door. now i do have 2 dinged corners on my RF-7's and a very close to mint RC-7, but i can live with the corner dings, can't see then when i am watching movies.....

now when Youth or Falcon20x finds this tread, don't get up set when they post the million and one steals they have found. i will so very very honest, falcon has bought some stuff that i was soooooooooo jealous of (lol j/k) that i wanted to punch him in the face! lol j/k. youth is good, but falcon, man, it's an art. i don't think i need to post the pic of his old speaker set.......

Anything free does not count. Jeremy has the score of the century and I am second with my $25 pair of Heresy I's in great condition!

I don't see the logic in this...free is the best deal of all. Now a friend or a relative giving you some speakers really does not count as a "steal", but finding a pair of khorns or cornwalls on the side of the road or someone just wanting to get rid of them certainly trumps paying anything.

I feel like I just went to take a shower in the gym and everyone started telling me how much bigger their wang is than mine:(

LOL! Those are some killer deals! It seems like Klipscheads tend to be bargainers. Its nice to see other people scoring great deals on killer equipment. However, I have to say that a gift is not a deal.

I see nothing wrong with free..... unless you're some sort of snob.

So if anyone is given some Klipschorns, LaScalas, Belles, Cornwalls, etc that you don't want, send 'em my way. I have no shame in accepting free stuff. Especially when it's really good stuff.

A deal involves exchanging something (monetary or goods) between two parties. Hence, free is not a deal.

I don't see the logic in this...free is the best deal of all. Now a friend or a relative giving you some speakers really does not count as a "steal", but finding a pair of khorns or cornwalls on the side of the road or someone just wanting to get rid of them certainly trumps paying anything.

A deal involves exchanging something (monetary or goods) between two parties. Hence, free is not a deal.

In my situation the "deal" was, pick up the Khorns within 10 days and they're free because we are moving and don't want them anymore. I paid him a service by hauling them out of his 12 car garage. I didn't wait 10 days; I was there the next morning.[;)] Did I mention the elevator from the garage (the bigger of the two garages - used to store his many sports cars) to the living quarters and sliding glass doors with sensers like you'd find at a Walmart entrance leading to the indoor pool area? It was quite a place!

Hmm I thought we were talking scores not deals.... I'm so confused.

score

/sk?r, sko?r/ dictionary_questionbutton_default.gif Show Spelled [skawr, skohr] dictionary_questionbutton_default.gif Show IPA noun,pluralscores, score for 11, verb,scored, scor·ing.
–noun
the record of points or strokes made by the competitors in a game or match.
Slang.
a.
a success in finding a willing sexual partner; sexual conquest.
b.
a purchase or acquisition of illicit drugs, as heroin or cocaine.
c.
a single payoff obtained through graft by a police officer, esp. from a narcotics violator.
d.
a successful robbery; theft.
e.
any success, triumph, happy acquisition, gift, or win.
f.
the victim of a robbery or swindle.

Puts Kevin Harmon square in the number 1 spot from where I sit... [H]

Roger

Hmm I thought we were talking scores not deals.... I'm so confused.

score

/sk?r, sko?r/ dictionary_questionbutton_default.gif Show Spelled [skawr, skohr] dictionary_questionbutton_default.gif Show IPA noun,pluralscores, score for 11, verb,scored, scor·ing.
–noun
the record of points or strokes made by the competitors in a game or match.
Slang.
a.
a success in finding a willing sexual partner; sexual conquest.
b.
a purchase or acquisition of illicit drugs, as heroin or cocaine.
c.
a single payoff obtained through graft by a police officer, esp. from a narcotics violator.
d.
a successful robbery; theft.
e.
any success, triumph, happy acquisition, gift, or win.
f.
the victim of a robbery or swindle.