Car dealers!!!!!!!!!!ARRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They wonder why They are about to go Bankrupt!!!

I hate them all.....but recently had a great experience with Acura for my wife. Her 01 infiniti was all but dead (trany on last legs, 3K for a rebuild)

My wife was open in the same type/class of car....Acura had a lease $299 for 36 with $2900 at inception.......called a few local dealers to see who had a color she wanted.....took about 1/2 hour to haggle over the trade in and left with a new car and they gave my the $2900 on the trade......in and out in way less than 1 hour....

I loved my 03 Tahoe, but I had to switch to a toyota for most of the reasons you stated.....

I worked at a Ford dealership in the bodyshop, and a trade came in, the head bodyman wanted to buy it for what they gave the sucker for the trade in value. They wanted $ 500 for the car. ( it was a Geo Metro, already many years old ) The trade-in value was $ 100. All Doug wanted the car for was the CD player, that's it.

They ended up selling the car for $ 2200 without doing a thing to it. True story. [:S]

This is relevant only because it's about a child and cars... ok, this isn't really relevant but I thought everyone might get a kick out of it anyway.

When my wife & sister were something like 6/9 years old (I have no real clue on their age!)

Anyways, my father in law bought a new car. The VERY next day, someone came along and hit him...totalling the car. Seems the family & kids were in the car.

TOTALLY unrelated to this incident, it seems the younger daughter had to wear what I believe is a Milwaukee brace for scoliosis (sp?) The kind of brace that surrounds her chest and has some kind of support around the neck so her upper mobility is greatly curtailed?

Fast forward 4/6 weeks I guess and the insurance adjuster who had been trying to give father in law 75% of car value, (remember, it wasn't even 24 hours old) finally came to his Dental office to try to settle the matter.

As it happened, little Maggie was at Daddy's office sitting around waiting for him to finish up with patients so they could go home...and she happened to be wearing her Milwaukee brace when the adjuster came in to visit. My father in law, having his daughter in this brace for something like 10/15 hours a day didn't think a thing about it....

The insurance adjuster however, saw her in this full upper body brace and evidently stopped in his tracks. Fearing that his client is the one who caused that to her he ended up writing father in law a check for entire car and couldn't get out of there fast enough.

He still chuckles about that story today.

My Dad was a well respected Buick Dealer from 1953 to 1971. He is probably turning over in His grave. Picture of the Dealership taken in 1955.

Great pic! My father drove a 55' Olds 98 Conv. (w/ the Rocket 98 engine) before he got married in 57'. Wish I could buy him another one today.

Great pic! My father drove a 55' Old 98 Conv. (w/ the Rocket 98 engine) before he got married in 57'. Wish I could buy him another one today.

Isn't that every son's dream...to buy back that car dad had such a love for "back in the day". Haha...my dad had a '58 Impala convertible when he met my mom...unfortunatly, that is about 2 years of my salary these days.

I'll tell ya another one about that POS stealership Southern Motors Acura.............

My ex bought a car from them (just before we got married) and financed the car through Honda. Her first mistake was trusting the salesguy when he said, "Don't worry. You said you wanted your payments to be under $500 and that's what we're gonna do. Take the keys to your NEW CAR, leave me the keys to your trade-in, have a nice weekend in your NEW CAR, and we'll have everything sorted out on Monday." Monday rolls around, she gets a call, and is told the financing went through. Two weeks later she gets something from Honda Financing with her payment book showing......(drum roll please) a payment of $659/month.

She calls Honda and they said that was the best they could do based on her credit score. She calls the sales scum and he plays dumb. She says fine - state law allows me to rescind the car purchase contract within 7 days so I'm coming to get my old car. They say it's been sold. She's screwed. Well, she did managed to get her bank to feel sorry for her and refinanced the car for $100 less.

What I'd really like to do is tie some GM senior cost accountant to a chair, stuff bamboo shoots under his nails and "make him talk". What we'd probably find is that a $42K 2009 Tahoe LT costs $12,376.48 to build and that the $29,623.52 goes to pension plans, bonuses, Washington lobbyists, etc.

Tom

Anyways, my father in law bought a new car. The VERY next day, someone came along and hit him...totalling the car. Seems the family & kids were in the car.

Talking about getting into a wreck with a brand new car - darn near happened to me! I just got done buying a brand new Saturn ION-2 (the one that I am still currently driving). I've not had the car but maybe 5 minutes, only to have some jackass run a light while I was making a left turn. He missed me by INCHES. After all, brand new car - brand new brakes, so at least the thing stopped right there! I've would've been so pissed if he had hit me, afterall, that was the reason why I had to get a new car anyway, because somebody managed to knock the last one out from under me! In that case, I was driving home from work and it was kinda raining/sleeting and just being downright miserable. See some lady spin out and end up in the ditch. I've pulled over to make sure she was all right and see if I could assist. Did not see any damage on her car and managed to get it unstuck and back on the road for her. Told her that she probably should take it in anyway and have it checked out. Anyway, was about to leave the area, only for somebody else to spin out and slam in the back of my car, which was parked off the side of the road.

At least I got a good deal on the new car, plus got a really nice settlement from the insurance company on the last one. Between the settlement, dealer incentives, as well as what I paid out of my own pocket, I practically paid for half the cost of the car and financed the other half. At least no trade-in to hassle with. Where it got interesting was in the financing office. He gave me some figure around 6 percent or so. I told him that looked all well and good, but I was already pre-approved for 3.9 percent through my credit union. You should've seen him squirm at that point. He did everything he could and the best he was able to come up with was 4.04 percent. My father happened to be with me and just told me to take the 4.04 percent and be done with it (would've only came out to maybe $50 extra over the life of the loan). In less than 3 years, already paid off that loan anyway (it was a 5 year loan).

That is something else to consider if in the market for a car. Check with your local bank or credit union and see what you could get for a car loan. Even if you don't end up using it, at least it gives you that extra bit of bargaining power with the dealers.

I guess this is why I tend to drive my cars into the ground or unless somebody else knocks it out from under me anyway. The less I have to go through the hassle of buying a car, the happier I am (this is only the third car that I've every bought - well, actually forth if I count my truck as well, but I bought that used via a private sale - no dealer was involved there).