NBA Fans?

Hey everyone. I'm wondering how you think the playoffs are going to go. Right now I see the Lakers beating the rockets in the semis, but I think Denver is going to give them a great run and have a good chance to win the conference finals. In in the east I think it's pretty hard to call, Boston is lacking a LOT of things but they just seem to always stay in the runnings. I was raised in Cleveland and am very happy with the way the cavs are playing. I used to be pretty afraid of a Lakers-Cavs matchup in the finals but now I'm more worried about having the play the Nuggets in the finals. I just don't see what depth people are talking about when they speak of the Lakers bench. I think the Cavaliers have a far deeper bench and play harder because of the chemistry between the team, I've never seen a team that has so much fun and supports each other like they do. I'm excited to see how it plays out and I hope Cleveland can finally bring a title to the city. What about you guys? P.S. Lebron is a monster [:P]

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I wondered if it would really happen and it has. Lebron is the King, literally. Seems to own the paint anytime he wants to go there. Isolated one on one against anybody and he dominates them at will. Haven't watched anybody do that since you know who. Cleveland against Nuggets I'm thinkin but Cleveland/Lakers would be a great one for the fans. I don't see anybody beating Lebron and Co.

He certainly has a very unique collection of skills. He continues to improve his game and now has the vision of a floor general plus great passing to go along with the shooting and driving skills he already had. League MVP this year and well deserved. Has there ever been another just like him? Not in my time, maybe not ever. He's gonna shatter a ton of records if he stays healthy. He has been compared to the great Oscar Robinson, but Oscar didn't have the unreal tool kit Lebron brings to the Gym. Only knock I have is the tattoos. Whats up with all the ink on some of those guys?

Lakers got it handed to em again last night. They do not have an answer for Brooks who was running all over the place doin exactly what he wanted. Who'd a thunk a game 7 without Yao? Lookin a lot like Nugs/Cavs in the championship unless Kobe and the gang wakeup from their slumber back home in LA Sun night.

I hated to see Yao go down, but I think Houston is a better "team" without McGrady. Sunday should be a good game as long as Houston brings some intensity for the ENTIRE game. Otherwise, they'll get run out of L.A. on a rail.

Lakers are seriously lacking focus--i don't remember the last time i saw a talented team so erratic. i'm sure they'll pull it together again on sunday and beat the rockets; but, geez--where is their heart? They aren't getting out played talent wise--they are getting their butts kicked because houston is focused, everyone is playing their role, and they are husseling. Lamar Odom said earlier in the year, after being asked why they played great defense sometimes and poor defense other times, he said that they feel that they can outscore everyone, so defense isn't as big of a deal to them. What a horrible attitude. I'm not blaming their problems on him; but, his contract is up--they've been paying him about $14 million, let him go and give that money to carlos boozer who wants out of utah.

Well, it's Magic and Cavs in the East finals. Lakers are going to play the Nuggets. Sir Charles predicted the Magic to win over the Cavs and everyone disagreed with him. I think the Cavs are going to lose a game or two but without a doubt take the series. anyone else's opinions?

Cavs seem to be playing well right now; HOWEVER, they are beatable. I believe Orlando took two of three from them this year AND the Lakers beat them both times they played this year.

The NBA is all about match-ups, a team can appear to struggle in one series and look very dominant in another. Take the just finished Lakers/Houston series. Although people were saying that the Lakers would have a walk in the park, most basketball minds knew that this wasn't a good matchup for the Lakers--Denver is a far easier match-up for the Lakers. Personally, I'm hoping for a physical series--Lakers are a finesse team and need to toughen up.

I love Dwight Howard, so I'm pulling for Orlando (to beat the Cavs and lose to the Lakers)--the biggest strike they have against them is their coach. VanGundy is horrible.

Come on now, Stan's not that bad, is he?

So much of the playoffs is mental. Dwight Howard is no exception. When there is has a fire under his butt his is awesome. If he thinks he's not getting the ball enough he takes the game off. Game 5 was as much about him laying down as it was about them not feeding him the ball.

Cavs vs Magic: Orlando has nobody for Lebron, Cleveland has nobody for Howard. Lets see what happens. Im picking the Cavs.

Lakers vs Nuggets: The Nuggets will show every night. Chauncy will be critical for any Nuggets chance. They can beat the Lakers especially if the Lakers take off the away games. If Bynum plays well the Lakers will do it.

i honestly can't think of a coach that is worse than stan. i think his ineptitude cost them game five. horrible game plan--your best player MUST touch the ball more than 11 times in a playoff game, worse clock management.

Both the lakers and nuggets defensives have been overrated. But, LA has beat them like 12 of the past 13 times, and has beaten them soundly with chauncey billips on the floor too. he's a good point guard; but, he's not fast--and speed is what kills the lakers.

i'll take the lakers in five, six tops.

i'm slow to being a lebron fan (just like I was with jordan) because he is thrown in our faces as the greatest thing we've ever seen. yes, kobe gets a ton of attention; but, his career has been balanced with enough criticizm--lebron is talked of as if he was a diety. I love those old commericals where jordan is reminding people that he MISSED more game winning shots than he made.

That games was really tough as a cleveland fan. First half was good but second half was very stagnant on offense. Delonte and Mo did not play like they should have as cost us the game. I've been thinking if the Cavs take the first game they're going to win it in 5 but with Orlando taking the first I see it going to 6 or 7 and Orlando has decent shot to win the series. What a let down.

What a game. I went to be at the start of the 4th. Should of stayed up for that one. With that halftime dagger from Mo and a steady lead I figured Cleveland had it in the bag, WRONG.

"He (Van Gundy) told us we all look like witnesses," Howard said of his
coach's halftime speech, "and we can't have that. That really motivated
us, because he said y'all are out there just watching (James) dunk, and
that brought some fire out of us."

But while Van Gundy did some screaming, he also did some
pleading and prodding, repeatedly telling his team that Cleveland might
not respond well to a nip-and-tuck game given the fact that they had
steamrolled through the first two rounds of the playoffs, winning every
game by double-digit margins, and could turn a tad uptight if things
got a little too tight.

And he couldn't have been more right.