NBA Fans?

Its halftime and officiating aside Dwight Howard is having his best game yet. He is doing it all. Did I just watch him do a running hook? Orlando wants it really bad and LA doesn't seem to be nearly as concerned IMHO. Barring a Kobe breakout later Im thinkin this one will be 2-2 later tonight.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Worst officiated game I have seen in a while. Missed calls, wrong calls, etc. No way Kobe didn't foul Nelson near the end of overtime.

Just way too many bad calls that helped determine the outcome. Some great effort by players on both sides. Who'd a thunk Fisher would hit those huge 3s?

Worst officiated game I have seen in a while. Missed calls, wrong calls, etc. No way Kobe didn't foul Nelson near the end of overtime.

Just way too many bad calls that helped determine the outcome. Some great effort by players on both sides. Who'd a thunk Fisher would hit those huge 3s?

Worst officiated game seen for a while--I agree!! Told myself that same exact thing a few minutes ago.

However, I disagree with you on that Kobe/Nelson play. Nelson is running in and that was incidental contact. Players have to be allowed to move naturally. Kobe wasn't swinging his elbow to clear space--so, a no call was the right call. Funny that foul by fisher for pushing howard in the back at the same moment howard was pushing gasol to the floor. The guy i feel sorry for is Bynum--that man has three fouls before he even puts his shoes on. In my opinion, the calls were equally bad in both directions. Magic lost because they turn the ball over too much, and missed too many free throws. That's inexperience though, if they can keep the team together, they'll be back and eventually win. BUT, i heard that they are only offering Hedo $7 million next year--he may walk, and you know Cleveland is going to want either him or Odom (Lakers may have to choose between Odom and Ariza).

Just way too many bad calls that helped determine the outcome.

Well I agree on poor officiating. And I agree on Kobe should of been called for the foul.

But 19 turnovers and 59% at the line when it mattered most determined the outcome of the game.

I thought the officials did all they could to try and even it up. You can't just run into the post and push everyone you see everytime down the court.

Phil Jackson: 10 championships. Guess he is the greatest in NBA history. Not the most likeable coach I have ever watched, buy hey, he can win em.

I had kinda thought Lebron had moved past Kobe as the greatest player on the planet. Hard to say that after Kobe takes his team to a championship while Lebron watches from the couch.

Orlando: They have all summer to think about it. Gonna be a long summer for those guys I guess.

many people say that phil only wins because he inherits good teams; but, he won in the CBA, Jordan & the Bulls didn't win with doug collins as coach, Shaq & Kobe weren't winning with del harris--both teams started winning after phil arrived.

someday lebron will be where kobe is now. kobe's experience is what is keeping him slightly in the lead.

Nope I think Kobe has him beat and I remember watching Jordan well. He was great, Kobe is better.

http://www.squidoo.com/michael-jordan-kobe-bryant

It's one year outdated but still all and all the facts do not lie. Jordan is the leader in every category. So many games Jordan put almost entirely on his back. IF not for the big guys this season inside during the playoffs Kobe would of been sitting home watching the finals. Kobe is a great player and may well pass up Jordan if he keeps playing but hes not there yet.

Oh one other thing. Jordan could fly.

I believe Lebron will be the one to actually take over Jordans spot if there is such a thing.

He is taller, heavier and can pass better. He was throwing it down on Howard like he wasn't even there. A little more touch on his jump shot and hes on his way.

Hard to use just statistics--team philosophy, teammates strengths & weaknesses, injuries all affect a players season/career statistics. phil jackson said that kobe has the better skill set and is a better outside shooter. he says mj is a better interior player and the greatest difference between the two is that kobe has smaller hands (which actually limits what you can do with the ball).

i personally like kobe better; however, if i'm building my team I'm taking Wilt Chamberlain first.

So far in this era of basketball we are wanting and not quite getting. JORDAN 6 leage MVPs...........KOBE 1 league MVP.

Not to mention Jordan wins in "every" statistical catagory. There honestly is no comparison.

Did Jordan ever go 5 for 10 down the stretch from the free line during a finals series? I don't think so.

Back in the Jordan era I was working all up and down the Eastern seaboard. WGN out of Chicago carried all the Bulls reg. season home games and what a show it was.