Is This A Great Forum of What #3,471

thebes

Sose I spot a request from The Honorable Harry Bailey seeking a 7868 tube. Got some so I send it along. No biggie.

Boom, blam, on my doorstep, one unrequested box from UPS. Inside, two heavy duty, Made-in-the-Uncle, brass coasters with the logo Ampex Corp, the top end RTR guys. Oh, throws in a few very nice jazz cd's while he's at it.

A few days prior I post a thread about trying to learn about a singer named Brian Ferry. Amongst the helpful replies is a post by EdwinR stating he's got an extra copy of Roxy Music's Andromeda, send me your address and I'll send it to you.

Sose I send him my address.

Slam a damma ding dong, yesterday I get this cd mailer from Edwin and (I really did know this but had forgotten) he lives in:

Australia!

Now Australia's way far away and I'm pretty sure it pretty close to Kalmazoo, Michigan. So needless to say I'm very impressed and thankful for his generous gesture not to mention that it was delivered by that country's version of our old Pony Express, yes The Kangaroo Pouch.

Gotta say it, I just love the way this good stuff and good vibes keeping going around on this place. Needless to say, Edwin's got a really big surprise in store for him. Just discovered this new miracle sandwich spread called VegaMite. It's hard to find, but I've got a whole case heading his way.

So does anybody want my mailing address? [:D]

Just discovered this new miracle sandwich spread called VegaMite. It's hard to find, but I've got a whole case heading his way.

I would think... being from Australia, he would know about VegaMite...

Thebes, you are great. Just read your post about painting the past veep's house. Laughed soooo hard. (aren't you glad he's outa office now...?)

• Moderators

So does anybody want my mailing address? Big Smile

Sure send it to me. Indifferent

I was serious, I have a copy of something I want you to listen to from Dr John. You were the only person here who has said they had listened to him, I think you will like it.

I'm glad the CD arrived safe and sound, Marty.

That vegemite stuff is Australia's joke on the world. We only make it to give to overseas vvisitors so we can see their face when they first try it! LOL!

I'm a happy little Vegemite, as bright as bright can be...I love to eat my Vegemite for breakfast, dinner or tea...

I'm glad the CD arrived safe and sound, Marty.

That vegemite stuff is Australia's joke on the world. We only make it to give to overseas vvisitors so we can see their face when they first try it! LOL!

I'm a happy little Vegemite, as bright as bright can be...I love to eat my Vegemite for breakfast, dinner or tea...

I had Marmite when I was a kid in England and thought they were being mean to me.

Yup, good friends, good times. Ya know, since I started this hobby I've made more trips to the post office in the last four years than in the previous 50+. Seems like something is always coming and going around here.

Dtel, I love Dr. John. Can't recall, did I perhaps mention a cd he put out that was just him and a piano. Can't recall the name, I'll look it up and certainly send you my address. Love New Orleans blues, not to mention crawfish music.

Speedball you can certianly send me that cd, but you have to also add a known working one, so I won't be disappointed if it doesn't work for me either.

Marvel, you have that post of mine? One of only two of my threads pulled by The Man (Amy). The Veep is not going quitely but gone he is.

Just got home from a trip and see a package from Stephen Schaffer in NY. Hmmm I says to myself, I don't rememer ordering anything from a Forum member just before I left.

He'd seen my request on the same Roxy Music thread for a copy of Bryan Ferry 'Taxi'. I'd purchased a lot of CD's from another Forum member a while back and this particular disc was missing from it's case. Thanks Stephen!

Forum brother Kaiser and I have swapped Tommy Bolin and Glenn Hughes recordings for quite some time. He saw my plea for a replacement disc of Yes Yesstories disc #3 (seems I'd left my copy at Klipsch during a listening evaluation)- bada bing, here comes a nice replacement disc. Thanks Tim!

Michael

I've got friends in Tasmania, who brought some whipping cream home to us one time. It was so thick before whipping that yyou had to squeeze it out of the carton. GOOD STUFF!