Is it just too much to ask for????

wilbucd

I was ready to pull the trigger on the Outlaw RR-2150. Then I find out it is manufactured in China! I know it has great reviews and it may be a great receiver for the $700 price but I am just sick of buying things made in China. So without turning this into a political discussion, I just want to know, is there anything new for under $1000 that would be a great match for a set of 76 Khorns............that is not made in China? It has to include a remote is my only other requirement. I only need two channels. This is for vinyl and cd's. The RR-2150 is featured just how I like it. Simple 2-channel operation. I may end up buying it still but it won't be as satisfying as I would like.

Nothing political about it. This is not 1972 anymore. It is a global economy. Vote with your wallet and buy the best product you can for the money you have. If buying from a particular country is your top requirement then you will most likely have to adjust your $$$ or your expectations. I would buy Mark's Juicy products or Craig's VRD no matter where they were made, because I feel, for me, they ARE the best products for the money. My turntable also happens to be made in the USA, but that was not the reason I bought it.

Your Ford/Chevy/Chrysler cars have very little to do with US manufacturing either. I own a GMC and BMW product, but were assembled in the U.S. I bet the majorty of the parts were not made here for either.

No lecture intended. Good luck on your search. If you could drop the new requirement you might find some nice 2-channel non-china gear with a remote. A lot more value in used audio gear then in buying new. Especially since you don't want/need any HT gadgets.

Guys, after rereading the post looks like not so much as made in the U.S. as NOT made in China. If you can stick to that for everything you purchase you must be living in a hippy commune or just a better shopper the I am.[;)]

No lecture intended. Good luck on your search. If you could drop the new requirement you might find some nice 2-channel non-china gear with a remote. A lot more value in used audio gear then in buying new. Especially since you don't want/need any HT gadgets.

Guys, after rereading the post looks like not so much as made in the U.S. as NOT made in China. If you can stick to that for everything you purchase you must be living in a hippy commune or just a better shopper the I am.Wink

You are correct. Retro vintage gear from the glory days of US hi-fi could be had under a grand. An HH Scott would fill the bill as would older McIntosh.

I try to make US products my first option and China is always my last. Obviously I have a house full of Chinese products since I don't live in a hippy commune. I'm just not happy about it. As I said before I may buy the Outlaw receiver, it just won't be as personally satisfying as I would like.

Used gear is an option but a lot of the great used 2 ch gear typically doesn't have a remote. I get tired of getting up to turn the music down when someone comes in the room. I'm open to suggestions.

"I was ready to pull the trigger on the Outlaw RR-2150. Then I find out it is manufactured in China!"

Maybe the lack of good old American audio manufacturers is why this countries in dire straights[:o]

I wish you the best of luck on the American gem under a G Wil[Y] Once you come to the inevitable conclusion you may want to also look into NAD, Vincent and Creek[;)]

A good place to start would be SS Intergrated's right here: http://www.audiogon.com/

You know the troubles with the auto industry did not happen overnight

I get tired of getting up to turn the music down when someone comes in the room. I'm open to suggestions.

Do you have a 5 year old? A five year old child would more than likely be made in the USA....[A]

I get tired of getting up to turn the music down when someone comes in the room. I'm open to suggestions.

Do you have a 5 year old? A five year old child would more than likely be made in the USA....Angel

Heck, you can even teach them to turn your volume up and down[:o][:D] I actually made my oldest in Germany but the others are all American[:|] LOL

You have to know we mean all and well in this Wil[A]

how about jolida company is in maryland and they offer several integrateds with remote control not sure about phono but a very decent phono can be had on the cheap here is a link to an integrated they offer with remote.............not sure if they are manufactured in md. but the company is usa based

http://independentaudiovideo.com/store/item_view.asp?estore_itemid=1000231

Joe

I emailed them to ask just that. The RR-2150 was designed in the states and farmed out to China to build. I can't speak for the rest of their line.

So seeing as how all of the US equipment I am looking at is crazy expensive (didn't say not worth it) does anyone know about the Yamaha or Denon Stereo receivers? As much as I would like a Macintosh or Cary system that is just not in the cards any time in the next several years.