Is it just too much to ask for????

wilbucd

Prima Luna, designed in the Netherlands, built in China. Many companies products are done that way. I think Jolida is probably manufactured in China as well. I think Gil pointed out one time that you can get a John Deere piece of equipment. A US company but built overseas, or (now I can't remember for sure) Kubota, built in the US by an overseas company.

I have an acquaintance who put out a book on all the Rock City barns. They had it printed in Belgium. It was cheaper to send everything there, fly someone to check the proofs as they came off the press, print it and send it back to the States. The quality is superb.

I bought one of the Outlaw B-Stock 2250's in December; could not find a scratch on it; looked brand new. Took it to my buddies so we could compare it to the HK 430 and HK 730 on the Cornwalls. It is still in his rack; I told him I had found a Mac Integrated that I was thinking about buying. He asked how much the Outlaw cost; went to the stash and brought the cash back. The only thing I do not like about the Outlaw is the control of the volume with the remote. It is too touchy a little input moves the volume too much for casual listening. If you are jamming it does not matter just turn it up and let it smoke. I like to have some music playing when the grand daughter is here and do not want to hurt her ears.

He has now moved his RF-7's to the game room and have them dirven by the Outlaw. Before they were not in corners; one was about 3 feet from the corner and next to a French door; the other one was at the hallway opening along the wall. The combo of the Outlaw and corners is just amazing; the 7's sounded good but now they are great.

Buy the Outlaw try it out I do not think you will be disappointed. Later Bill

How does "Made in Japan" fit into your requirements? I have heard really good things about the Onkyo A-9555 int. amp. According to the website, the photo of the rear view of the amp reads "Made in Japan".

http://www.onkyousa.com/model.cfm?m=A-9555&class=Amplifier&p=f

Here is a review I found.

http://www.stereophile.com/integratedamps/907onk/

Bill

Try looking at B&K (on ebay), you could get a very nice used receiver from B&K for $1000 or even less. It is well-built, US made (Buffalo, NY) and even has a remote control.

Their receivers are also upgradeable, meaning when new formats come out (dolby digital, THX,...) you can send the receiver to them and they will upgrade it for you.

Good luck.

I agree with the B&K(USA made) route but am not sure if they have a phono connection. Anyone enlighten us please. Again don't hesitate to look into that Onkyo A-9555. It has been described in some reviews as "tube-like" sounding.

Bill

Hey Folks, thanks for all of the options. I just spent a rain soaked weekend at Six Flags in Atlanta with the family and am now ready to get back to searching. I will look at everything offered up here. Doing the research is half the fun of buying.