Does Klipsch rebrand speakers to any other manufacturer?

Hello.

I recently purchased a 4-room home audio distribution system from the contractor (Guardian Home Technologies [http://www.guardianhometechnologies.com/what-we-offer/Whole-House-Audio.html]) associated with my new home builder (Fulton Homes). I was told based on the brochure and discussion with the salesman that the speakers would be Klipsch in-ceiling speakers. However on my close date and final walkthrough, I removed the speakers only to find out that the speakers installed were made by On-Q, and EVO-Q 3000 model speaker - which really looks more like a contractor grade in-ceiling speaker to me.

I am submitting my complaint to the company on Monday but before doing so I wanted to make sure that they don't try to tell me that these are Klipsch speakers just rebranded with their name or the name of On-Q.

If you have any insight into this - your help and guidance would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Chip Linthicum

Chandler, AZ

Chip,

I don't believe Klipsch manufactures speakers for rebranding. Did browse the guardianhometechnologies web page which specifies Klipsch speakers in your system. The lyriQ distribution system does look to be the same outfit as the On-Q speaker products.

Stick to your guns though, they promised Klipsch speakers. They probably don't have many customers who would notice the substitution.

• Moderators

I talked to sales, and they are surprised by the mistake - Guardian is a very reputable dealer. I hope they take care of you. If you have any trouble, please feel free to conatct us directly.

Thank you!

The Klipsch in-ceiling speakers are really good. We put them in some new classrooms and they sound great. Much better than anything else we have used. Plus, they aren't that expensive.

Bruce

Thanks for everyone's prompt responses and guidance here.

Guardian has contacted me and offered to replace the OnQ speakers with some Klipsch in-ceiling speakers instead - free of charge.

It was also obvious that someone from Klipsch directly contacted Guardian with respect to my matter and 'encouraged' them to do the right thing and address my complaints. Therefore, I'm grateful for the support that I've received here in my FIRST posting on this forum as well as the individuals that I've spoken with on the phone at Klipsch.

Guardian tried to convince me that I only paid for the OnQ speakers, but the salesman pointed to Klipsch speakers in the celing and said "These are what you are going to get" and also circled a 4-room audio package which clearly states the inclusion of 4 pairs of Klipsch speakers. When I questioned this they told me that only applied if I bought their separate home theater package for the family room - but that was clearly NOT called out in the brochure or by the salesman. But don't trust me, see the definition of their 4 room package for yourself here: http://www.guardianhometechnologies.com/what-we-offer/Whole-House-Audio.html and tell me if and where you see any note that says the 4 pairs of Klipsch speakers is only dependent on whether I purchase their separate home theater system packages (http://www.guardianhometechnologies.com/what-we-offer/Home-Theater-Systems.html).

I asked them why my patio speakers were not upgraded (per my order) and they admitted that they just made a mistake in what they supplied to the installers for our home that day.

In the end, they are going to take care of me and a I am grateful for that level of customer service. However, I don't like the idea of thinking how many other parties could have been roped into the same sales pitch and thought they were getting and paying for Klipsch and only got On-Q but they will never know becuase they probably won't pull the speakers from the ceiling to check.

Regards,

Chip Linthicum

I'm glad that they are going to fix that issue for you Chip. But based on what they have already done, it doesn't do much for your confidence in their company, at least not for me. I'm not for companies that try and cheap out or "make mistakes" (so it seems) to make you feel like you've got something you don't. I have had that happen to me so many times in the past that in my experience in the sales field, it sickens me that stores still try to do this. Everyone is in for the money and no customer service, and the more they can make the better it is, but I wouldn't/couldn't run an establishment like that. Sorry if I got into a rant on your thread.

Once again, I'm glad you looked into it, and are getting what you were told, and paid for!

Chip,

Glad they are changing out the installed speakers for Klipsch as promised. You are right the four room issue is not explicit in the material on the links you provided.

Hopefully Guardian would have made it right anyway, and probably they would.

It is nice, and the rarest sort of thing, to log on to a forum and have an immediaten advocate with your contractor.

Is this a cool forum or what!

Enjoy your system!