Home made speaker stand help.

liebherr954

Hay guys I’m going to be making a pair of speaker stands at home and I was wondering if you would be able to post some pictures of your speaker stands.

It doesn’t matter if they are home made or store bought, I would just like to get some possible ideas.

I’m thinking of making them from Oak or MDF since I’ve heard that it’s better to use a denser material.

The stands will be for medium sized bookshelf units that will be used in a 2 channel/home theater application.

Thank you in advance.

NK

If you don't get any responses here, try going online and look at all the fancy shmancy store bought stands to get an idea.

When making cabinets in the past I find it helpful to look at a picture then just go build it the way it suits me best.

Skylan, a company in Calgary, makes some really good speaker stands. Harbeth, the English speaker company, recommends them with their speakers and the stands were favourably commented on in a review of a pair of the Harbeth speakers last year, in either Stereophile or The Absolute Sound.

You can see them here: http://www.skylanstands.com/stands.htm

They also make component stands. I've been using one of theirs for over a year. It's well designed and well put together.

If filling with sand, do two things. Make sure sand is completely dry, and line the interior of the stand with a sturdy trash bag to keep sand from leaking out or absorbing moisture.

Lead shot is also a good choice, fill the upright less than half way and you'll have a very dense, sturdy platform for your speakers.

heres a pair i just built 2 weekss ago, they cost under 50.00 to build i used mdf for the base and the top plate, and i took 3 inch and 2 inch pvc painted it and used that for the verticles, i filled the pvc with sand as well, they actually work really well and match the stand i made a couple years ago, if you want any real info on how i built them in about 4 hours shoot me an email

Joe

heres a pair i just built 2 weekss ago, they cost under 50.00 to build i used mdf for the base and the top plate, and i took 3 inch and 2 inch pvc painted it and used that for the verticles, i filled the pvc with sand as well, they actually work really well and match the stand i made a couple years ago, if you want any real info on how i built them in about 4 hours shoot me an email

Joe

Wow those look good,

if you could send me some info that would be great.

Nathan