OT - Stolen iPod - on a personal note

Amy

• Moderators

Bumming today - my beloved iPod Touch that I got for Mother's Day last year was stolen yesterday out of my own home. After some research this morning, I find it hard to believe Apple doesn't have a way to "disable" these things to discourage theft. After all, they do keep track of serial numbers through iTunes.

Life goes on, and I realize it's just an iPod, but the issue of broken trust is the most upsetting.

I have on more picture saved, then the "What's On Amy's iPod" series will be on hiatus until I save up some cash again. What will take longer is my restoration of faith in people.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Moderators

Sorry to hear about this, hopefully it will turn up and was just misplaced.

I hope you were home and had some people over when it disappeared , because as hard as it is to believe it is better than a stranger breaking into your home, that is worse.

Although if it was someone you know they really are more of a stranger than you thought.

• Moderators

It was someone we "know" - but barely (obviously). A high school student with a mother in denial.

And it was definitely stolen. There are other things missing.

I'm finding there is not much that can be done. I need to channel my inner feng shui and let it roll away....

It was someone we "know" - but barely (obviously). A high school student with a mother in denial.

I'm finding there is not much that can be done. I need to channel my inner feng shui and let it roll away....

Major bummer that is a tough one. My mother would have clubbed me like a baby seal.

"A high school student with mother in denial"!

Maybe she will think back to this day when the judge is passing down sentence here in a few more years[:o] Like Carroll O'Conner said get in your kids face now, don't deny or wait until it's too late!

If the channeling don't fully work please take time for 10 deep breaths[;)]

Sorry to hear this. Bummer indeed.

The mom in denial, no telling what she will eventually have to deal with later with this teen out of control.

On Apple's use of serial numbers, I'm guessing if the subscription is not in proper order, the unit can't access itunes?

It would make sense that there would be a way to disable the unit.

I'd say call the police. May not be convenient but if the mother refuses to accept her Kleptomaniac child has done this, then perhaps she needs an up close and personal experience with the justice system. Who knows it might prevent him from becoming a card carrying member of the FFA (Future Felons of America).

I have told my son and his girlfriend a million times NOT to leave stuff in her car parked out in the street in front of the house. Anybody care to guess where this is going????? Busted window- damage not covered- high deductible- starving working college student on a very limited budget. I-pod touch GONE!! Not to mention the damage to the car. She could not afford to replace it. If I could get my hands on the filthy worthless scum that did this to this wonderful bright young girl working her way through college.....well ...lets not go there.

Larceny gets a free pass in our society- that is why there is so much of it. I like the Texas approach to this problem. Back in the day I lost a Sansui 999 amp- a dual turntable- and a set of Altec VOTT speakers to thieves. I have no sympathy for these people whatsoever. As the previous poster stated- The world would be better off wthout them. Sorry for the rant.

I know some mexican's back home that will take care of this real cheap. Just say the word, [6] [;)]

Now give us a taste of the music you saved on it....... What does Amy listen too?