Promedia 2.1 Subwoofer making humming/buzzing sound.

Hello all,

I've had the Promedia 2.1 computer speaker system for many years with

no problems until recently.

The speakers work and so does the subwoofer but there is a loud

humming/buzzing sound coming from the subwoofer only.

I've tried plugging it into a wall socket separate from all other equipment

and with out the satellites connected but the sound continues. I've also

checked the fuse and it’s good.

Any help in fixing this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

• 10 years later...

After 11 years, nobody responded to your post.  Here now in 2020, I have the same problem.  I bought a set of 2.1 pro media computer speakers directly from Klipsch in March of 2020, and they worked great for two weeks.  Then, all of a sudden, the subwoofer developed a loud hum.  This noise is present even when the speaker system is not connected to the computer.  As long as the speaker system has power, it makes this noise.  If you turn the volume all the way down, the noise almost goes away.  I sent a request for help to Klipsh through their website two days ago, but I have not yet heard back.  This seems like a ground issue, but the power plug is not a grounded plug.  Does anyone have an idea how to fix this?  

• 5 months later...

I just bought a brand new Promedia 2.1.  As soon as I plugged it into the power, I could hear the hum coming from the subwoofer.  There was no audio source plugged in and the satellite speakers were not plugged in.  Just the subwoofer connected to power.  After connecting the satellite speakers, I tried turning the volume up or down and that had no effect on the subwoofer hum.  After all the great reviews, I was very disappointed.  I boxed everything back up and returned it.