No NHL playoffs thread yet?! Go WINGS!!!

dkp

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

LETS GO REDWINGS LETS GO ...

I'm afraid Pitts will win, but what a bit of a story for Marian Hossa, being on the losing team last year, then hopefully being on the winning team this year. I do think Osgood will out play Fleury, he'll have to watch that tricky Malkin, I think Probert should knock out Crosby though. Opps, that doesn't sound right.[6]

Game One: LET'S GO RED WINGS!

Colter called me yesterday and reminded me that I have been missing in action far too long. He's right, and I am sorry that I have not even been checking my personal email. It's been crazy-busy at work the past 3 weeks and I have had no time to do anything. I had to work most of last weekend's holiday weekend and I still have plants sitting in pots waiting to be planted. Sorry folks! But, when I get home from work lately, the LAST thing I want to see is my PC. Things should begin slowing down a bit this week, so I will try to answer all of the late emails. By the way, Verna and I will be in Indiannapolis on the weekend of the 12th for the big wing ding with Roger and Colter. I saw Craig (NOS Valves) this afternoon. He sent me an email telling me he'd be just north of Davidson today for a Southeast Michigan Audio get together and asked if I'd like to meet him there to drop off my Eico ST-70 for its rebuild as I was finally on top of his queue. So, Verna and I jumped in the car and drove about 90 miles north to meet him and dropped off our amp. It was great to see Craig. He looks better than I've ever seen him look; he was very happy with his new home, working hard and had dropped about 20 pounds. The guy looks and feels great! We'll probably take a trip up to his new place in late July to pick the amp back up when it's finished. I can't wait to hear how it sounds with all new caps and a full realignment. It was a nice drive out and back today and a nice diversion from my hectic life of the past few weeks. I am not complaining for a moment; Hell no! I've VERY glad to still be working! The game's about to start so, goodbye for now and GO WINGS!!!! - Glenn

Good to hear you are doing good. To bad I'll miss the shingding that will in Indy on the weekend of the 12th.

Watching the game myself right now. So far, tied up 1 to 1 with around 7 minutes left in the second period. Pittsburgh just racked up a "hooking" penalty. Well, Detroit managed to kill off two power plays during the second period. We'll see Pittsburgh will kill of this one.

But, I'am sorry, Glenn - as much as love you buuuuttt....

LET'S GO PENGUINS!!!!!

Game One: Wings 3, Penguins 1

I try NEVER to rub salt in the wounds of the opposite team regardless of the sport. I am a firm believer in good sportsmanship whether winning or losing and this is not to suggest that I feel that anyone here has. In the case of last evening's game, it was Defenseman Brad Stuart who opened-up the scoring in the first period. The Penguins did not take practice at the Joe Louis Arena on Friday and instead, chose to practice on their home ice in Pittsburgh. It seemed that the Joe's lively boards, which are well known to the Wings, gave the Pens fits as they tried to learn on-the-fly how to manage the fast-recoiling puck as it rebounded off the dasher. The Pens came back near the end of the first period when Ruslan Fedotenko blasted a biscuit past Osgood to tie up the game going into intermission; a great way to rattle the opposite team on their way to the locker room!

The excitement didn't end there. When the teams hit the ice in the second period, the game became more physical and both teams had great difficulty getting to the net. The penalties began to rack up, especially for the Pens, until Franzen scored an ugly goal (typical for playoff games) that careened-off Flurey's pads and wound up in the net: 2-1 Wings.

The Wings seemed to switch to a defensive game in the third period, yet the attacks on both goals remained neck-and-neck. Things became more frantic after Justin Abdelkader, a Muskegon, Michigan native, scored his first-ever playoff goal, which was actually his own rebound off his first shot at the net. The Pens unfortunately opted for a more deflated posture as the period (and game) neared its close. With just less than 2 minutes remaining, the Penguins pulled their goalie, which gave them a man advantage. Unfortunately, the Wings, who had actually begun to dominate the game during the last 5 minutes, kept the Pens so busy defending their own empty net, that the Penguins were unable to get more than a couple of shots off at the Detroit goal; despite a one-man advantage. This was a very exciting and entertaining game, regardless of whom you were rooting for. The "REAL" hockey season is definitely here! There are still six games reamaining so it's anybody's cup right now. Game Two is tonight in Detroit at 8 pm EDT on NBC. -Glenn

GO WINGS!

post-10177-13819475225236_thumb.jpg

I try NEVER to rub salt in the wounds of the opposite team regardless of the sport. I am a firm believer in good sportsmanship whether winning or losing and this is not to suggest that I feel that anyone here has.

No attempt to rub salt in anybody's wounds here, but admittedly, it is fun to trash-talk every now and again... [;)] Somebody's gotta root for the Pens, plus having lived in western PA for 12 years, you know - it is almost home to me!

The Wings seemed to switch to a defensive game in the third period, yet the attacks on both goals remained neck-and-neck. Things became more frantic after Justin Abdelkader, a Muskegon, Michigan native, scored his first-ever playoff goal, which was actually his own rebound off his first shot at the net.

That was a sweet goal, though! Beyond the replays they were playing, I've kept replaying it myself via the DVR. The Pen's goalie did not expect that one, still thinking the puck was up in the air or rebounded back behind the net.

The Pens unfortunately opted for a more deflated posture as the period (and game) neared its close. With just less than 2 minutes remaining, the Penguins pulled their goalie, which gave them a man advantage. Unfortunately, the Wings, who had actually begun to dominate the game during the last 5 minutes, kept the Pens so busy defending their own empty net, that the Penguins were unable to get more than a couple of shots off at the Detroit goal; despite a one-man advantage. This was a very exciting and entertaining game, regardless of whom you were rooting for. The "REAL" hockey season is definitely here! There are still six games reamaining so it's anybody's cup right now. Game Two is tonight in Detroit at 8 pm EDT on NBC. -Glenn

Yeah, the Pens did seem to peter out towards the end. I guess, when you are looking at a two-goal deficent with only a few minutes left in the game, that does kinda takes the wind out of the ol' sails. Taking the goalie out was certainly a desperation move. On thing about those Wings that I've noticed as well last night. They were sure quick off those face-offs! They easily won more face-offs than the Penns did, which no doubt gave them an advantage.

GO WINGS!

Despite thier defeat last night, I still gotta say it....

GO PENGUINS!

I try NEVER to rub salt in the wounds of the opposite team regardless of the sport. I am a firm believer in good sportsmanship whether winning or losing and this is not to suggest that I feel that anyone here has.

No attempt to rub salt in anybody's wounds here, but admittedly, it is fun to trash-talk every now and again... Wink Somebody's gotta root for the Pens, plus having lived in western PA for 12 years, you know - it is almost home to me! Beer

Steve: What I said was just a general statement about myself. It wasn't intended as a reaction to anything you or anyone else may have said. I sure hope you didn't feel that it was. No problem with trash-talkin' here! It's all part of hockey. Game two is about to start: GO WINGS! -Glenn

Steve: What I said was just a general statement about myself. It wasn't intended as a reaction to anything you or anyone else may have said. I sure hope you didn't feel that it was. No problem with trash-talkin' here! It's all part of hockey. Game two is about to start: GO WINGS! -Glenn

No problem, I did not think it was anything directed at me. I just wanted to clearify that if I do say anything that may be construed as "rubbing salt", that it is was meant to simply be some innocent trash-talking merely for fun and not an attempt to actually insult anybody or thier favorite team.

Anyway the game has begun and well on its way into the first period - may the best team win...

GO PENS!!!!!!

The Wings scored a phenomenal goal off an icing cal during the second periodl, tieing it up at 1 to 1.

EDIT - make that 2 to 1. The Wings managed to sneak one in right after the power play. Quite the scamble, which also resulted in a broken stick.