No NHL playoffs thread yet?! Go WINGS!!!

dkp

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Holy Crap! The Pens scored a short-handed goal during a Detroit power play to tie it up 2-2 here during Game #4!!! GO PENS!!!!!!!

Make 3 to 2!!! GO PENGUINS!!!!

EDIT! Make that 4 to 2 - WOW the Pens are friggan HOT during the second period!

At first it looked like the Wings may actually get this one.

Thursday night was quite possibly the worst game I have seen the Wings play all season long. There was zero defense and the team looked drained. If they don't start playing like they want it, the Pens will definitely finish the job, and deservingly-so. I know the Wings can do it, but there are only 3 games left for them to prove me right. Go Wings! -Glenn

PS: It was nice to see Crysby finally do something worthy of all of the press-time he gets.

Glenn, hope you were joking about Crosby. He was the youngest player ever to get 100 points, the youngest to win a scoring title, and won the triple crown in his second season. He may complain, but he certainly backs it up. You know you would love him on Detroit. I hope for a great game tonight. I'm only sad that hockey is almost over for a while. Go Pens[:D]

Tom

So here we are in game #5 and so far, scoreless two thirds of the way through the first period. (plus posting this from my brand-new 15-inch Mac Book Pro [8-|])

Make that 1 to 0 - The Wings just managed to pop the biscuit into the basket! [:'(]

Looks like the Wings are really comming back hot after Thursday nights performance. Friggan 0 to 3 score (after just scoring during a power play).

EDIT - Either the Wings are playing really good or the Pens are really sucking tonight - most likely - both! After drawing a few really bad penalties on the Pens side allowed the Wings to take it to 0 to 5 at the end of the 2nd period. Unless the Pens really light a fire under thier collective asses and a miracle occurs, I have a feeling this one will go to the Wings.

Now, you want to talk about PATHETIC!! That was almost embarresing. [:$] After such an awesome night on Thursday, this was just beyond horrible. What wa up with all those penalties? They might as well just throw the whole d[:@]mn Penguins team out after that! A friggan 0 to 5 win for the Wings.

I was tempted to just shut if off after the 2nd period, but figure I'd stick with the Pens just hoping that perhaps a miracle would actually occur.

Well, guess we'll see how this whole thing winds up Tuesday evening. If the Pens plays like that again - it will be all over.

Well now it is 2 to 3 for the Wings. Well on the good side, the Wings did play a solid game tonight, though after thier pretty pathetic performance on Thursday in Pittsburgh.

Believe it or not; I did not watch a single second of last night's game! Instead, I was a "good hubby" and took my wife dancing with our friends who invited us to the River Fest on the island of Grosse Ile in the Detroit River. It was held at the old Grosse Ile Naval Air Station and there was a killer band (50-Amp Fuse) playing in a tent larger than the ones we had at Hope and Indy that was pitched right on the tarmac next to the old hangar. (The sound system wasn't Klipsch and it sucked). I had to follow the game's score on my phone's internet connection; and to think I canceled my phone's live TV contract last week; the game was available on NBC on the dang phone! I almost reactivated it on-the-spot in order to watch, but I probably would have heard about the $15/month subscription fees if I had. The game was on a small flat screen in the beer tent, but it was so crowded, I could not get close enough to see or hear it. So we settled for listening for the beer tent crowd's cheers, every time the Wings scored. I learned one thing out of this: I told verna this morning that last night would be the last time I am ever a "good hubby" on a Stanley Cup Playoff finals night! She didn't argue. ......"River Fest, my arse!" At least there was beer.

I did, however, read about the game this morning and Holy cow! I sure missed a blowout.

kuisis: Of course I'm only kidding; it's hockey. But I did get a kick out of the way Crosby complained about Maltby the other day when answering why he tapped Maltby's skate after the game with his stick while the Detroit players were lined up to congratulate Osgood. He said that Maltby was churping at them throughout the entire game. My thought was; is this the first time Crosby's heard trash-talking from an opposing player? My goodness; if he let's an old man like Maltby get under his skin, just wait until Chelios (father time) gets a hold of him; he's the Wings' "Master-Churper"! LOL I will admit that Crosby is a great player, but, if I were a Pens fan, I would be somewhat disappointed with Crosby's production thus far in this finals series with Detroit: He is not showing enough of his offensive side, which is what the Pens really need right now. - Just MHO. Crosby's played 5 games to Datsyuk's one, yet Datsyuk is only one point behind Crosby and Datsyuk is not feeling 100% right now. -Glenn GO WINGS!

Can't really feel too good about that performance as a Pens fan. The worst they played in the playoffs, perhaps since the new coach. I was suprised how they came apart in that game. I hope they pull it together here for Tuesday's game. Go Pens. Here hoping for a game seven

Double whammy. I missed both the most exciting 15 minutes of the series AND the fight. The Wings really turned their power play around with some of that Mickey Redmond bingo-bango stuff though. Great game overall. What say you, Wings fans? Would you take a game 6 loss with a game 7 win? Was 1997 the last time they won it at home???

dkp: I'll put it the same way Lidstrom and the rest of the team usually put it: It's gotta be one game at a time. Whether that means a Wings’ win in Pittsburgh Tuesday night or a Wings’ win in Detroit on Friday, nothing else matters just so long as they bring home the cup. -Glenn GO WINGS!

Big game tonight - Pen's need to win. Heard Crosby complaining "that I can't do it all" also heard team saying that Guerin isn't stepping up.... Not sure if Crosby realizes that not only is he not doing it all but he'snot doing anything! Huge Pens fan, but if the Pens decide to be stupid like they did in game 5, they will get blown out again. Only way Pens can win is if they get the lead early, keep the momentum and never let Detroit go up by 2. Once they are up by 2 - its over....Malking, Crosby, Kunitz and the gang get too frustrated and start playing stuid. We'll see...and the 12,000 plus won't be outside the area tonight watching - going to be tough....

I agree with you.

The NHL is being short-sighted by prohibiting Mellon Vision and Joe Vision.

IMHO, the NHL doesn't realize what a great product it has. They still can't decide if it's a real sport (which it is) or professional wrestling on skates. Until the NHL treats fighting like real major league sports (can you say NFL, NBA and MLB?) with fines and suuspensions after the first punch, NHL hockey will remain a second class sport. The Olympics, NCAA and international hockey do nicely without the face washing, sissy punching, etc. that is tolerated, if not encouraged, by the NHL.

Watching the refs watch two hockey players "punch" each other reminds me of the days in pro wrestling when the Sheik would put his thumbs in the opponent's eyes for two seconds, as long as he stopped before the count of 3 it was OK. The sweater pulling is silly. They might as well have pillow fights. If someone really does damage, like Todd Bertusi (sp?), everyone exclaims that they didn't intend to actually hurt anyone. THEN DON'T FIGHT!!! Call them names if you must.

The silly "fights" just cheapen the sport.