No NHL playoffs thread yet?! Go WINGS!!!

dkp

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That was a great game and two of the best goaltending efforts I have ever seen in a single game.... Friday is what they play all season for....NHL couldn't have asked for a better season or ending to a great year of hockey. Let's go Pens!!!

There was some phenomenal goaltending in that game, no doubt about it. The Wings were lucky to be down by a single goal for as long as they were. Their performace seemed quite similar to that of game four when they looked tired and unenthused until it was too late. That said, they had many chances to even the score (Zetterburg hitting the post) and quite a few pucks lying around out in front of the goal that they just couldn't put home. It seems like they get a little bit caught up in the dump and chase style and wait too long to get serious. When they finally start skating the puck in and taking it to the net they actually get some good results. I don't recall a goal in this series that was scored from the top of either circle. Wanna score? Take it to the net.

There is simply nothing like a game seven in the Stanley Cup Finals. I am obviously hoping for a Wings win but would prefer a double-overtime nailbiter to a blowout anyday. Mr. Illitch is getting his money's worth this year, for sure.

A caller into one of the Detroit stations asked about doing a "JoeVision" style event at Comerica Park. Can you imagine the hubbub in Detroit if they filled the Joe AND Comerica AND Hockeytown Cafe with Wings fans?! It's too bad NBC has disallowed the broadcast of their games in that fashion. What an atmosphere that would make in Motown.

Fighting & other sissy-stuff: There is no doubt that the fans like it and pay to see it. Fighting in hockey is what makes it different and therefore more emotional than most other sports, IMHO. As they have slowly taken fighting out of the game the games, to me, have become less emotionally involving. Maybe I'm a redneck at heart but hockey has always been a blue-collar sport and one in which fighting has been an integral piece. Sucker punches and the like have no place in the game whatsoever.

Fighting & other sissy-stuff: There is no doubt that the fans like it and pay to see it. Fighting in hockey is what makes it different and therefore more emotional than most other sports, IMHO. As they have slowly taken fighting out of the game the games, to me, have become less emotionally involving. Maybe I'm a redneck at heart but hockey has always been a blue-collar sport and one in which fighting has been an integral piece. Sucker punches and the like have no place in the game whatsoever.

I agree dkp, I watch/go to the OHL here and they way they are going with the fighting, alot of people are getting frustrated with the issue so much that I hear people not going to the games and will suffice to watch it on T.V or not.

Just got back from a Molly Hatchet concert that was practically held in my backyard!

Anyway - this is getting friggan CLOSE! Pittsburgh just barely hanging onto a one goal lead!

AND PITTSURGH TAKES THE CUP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GO PENGUINS!!!!

Wow! What a series that was! No less congratulations to the RED WINGS, though! Both of these teams really gave it them all, but in the end there could only be one winner and Pittsurgh manage to get it together just long enough to pull it off!

Malkin takes the MVP award!

The Pens played like winners and deserved to win the cup. Congrats to the Pens. I haven't been able to get on line to post since last Wednesday when we went to Indy. Now that we're home, I wanted to update this right away. C'mon September! -Glenn