Use of spray on sound deadening material on medium size horns

Has anybody here used sound deadening materials on mid size horns before and if so does it help mellow the sound any ?

I just picked up a nice pair of black LaScalas from joesportster this friday and am very happy with the sound of these in my main system but notice the mids do sometimes have a general plastic horn noise coming from the mid, there is nothing wrong with the horn itself and i am just being picky here but like anybody would like options to please my ears.

There are horn upgrades available i know but would like to test this idea first before spending money i don't have available at the time.

It may just be my room acoustics but these sound fantastic compared to my Chorus 2's that i have been using for the past ~18 years or so, many here have said these lack very low frequency production but i am impressed with what i have heard so far.

The metal horns ring, and improve with damping.

I think the plastic horns lack rigidity and simple damping schemes may not be enough.

On the EV HP series of fiberglass horns I have used 2" of expanding foam (rigid when cured) and they sounded much better. I had to massage a thin layer onto the horn surfaces first, then I applied (touching) rows of a 3/8" bead all over the back. When cured the foam was about 2" in most areas. Excess cured foam was removed using a steak knife. Wear gloves, use ventilation, etc.