Cell phone choices.....

Joe Shmoe

Anyone have any good recommendations for cell phones? My current phone is the Motorola MOTOKRZR. I have an account with Verizon and my new every two has expired and I need to pick out a new phone. Some points of interest I find valuable in a phone are battery life, and camera, I'm not big into texting so that's not really an issue. I do like the newer smart phones with touch screen capability similair to the iPhone, but depending on what is available with my new every two, I do not want to spend alot of money.[;)]

Joe-I renewed my contract a couple of weeks ago and purchased the Dare (for around $70 w/rebates). I do a small amount of texting but really like the phone. My previous phone was a first generation razr (silver, if that matters) and it was the best phone I have owned to date...until recently. As you know, I generally wear a suit and wanted a phone that was slim enough to fit into my shirt pocket like my razr did. The Dare has been a good choice thus far with MUCH improved battery life over my Razr. Let me know if you have any ?'s.

My neighbor was just showing me his Samsun flip style phone w/ a camera. He was raving about how his 2 meg phone camera gives him pictures similar to his Nikon.

I am using the most very basic Nokia phone offered without a camera and I like it.

I used the RAZR until it got run over by a tractor trailer rig. No joke. Now I'm using the LG CU500 which I think is a great phone. Now they're up to CU600 maybe? Anyway I don't text so can't really help with that. Also I'm all about my rollover minutes with AT&T.

I switched to AT&T a couple of years ago, so I could easily use my phone overseas. Actually bought an unlocked quad band GSM phone (Sony Ericsson w810i). Before I left the States, I had gotten a SIM card for the Philippines. I swapped it for mine right after boarding (wondered if the flight crew would freak out over that). When I got off the plane and powered on my phone, I had a local number which I had already sent to my gf. I did the same thing when we met up in Ireland last August.

Been using the same Sony Ericsson for the past 2 1/2 years and it has always worked well. Original battery. I really like the SE menuing system. It just seems to make more sense to me.

Just got my youngest a Samsung Impression. Touch screen plus a qwerty keyboard. Not quite a smart phone, no wifi, but he likes it a lot. We'll see how it holds up.