Worst movie in history of mankind????

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I walked out of some horrible thing staring Brooke Shields, can't even remember the title of it.

Wish I had walked out of LOTR, I kept thinking 'this is garbage, it has to get better'. I was wrong, it didn't get any better, and I never went to any of the sequels ( I should point out that I liked Tolkien as a teenager).

anything with whoopi goldberg or barbara streisand.

although my bro-in-law and I drank an obscene amount of beer one day after work. the wives wanted to go to the movies--Peter O'Toole's My Favorite Year. Midway through the movie, my brother in law, pukes right there in his seat. didn't even try to get up and run to the restroom. naturally we left the theatre. In the car, my sister is chewing him out for drinking so much and he replied, "It wasn't the alcohol. It was that movie, it was so bad it made me sick." I do admit, watching him puke him public was more entertaining than the movie.

Eraserhead - WHAT was that?

David Lynch halucinations from film school. I've saw it 2 times before I could begin to guess. Although girl in the radiator singin in heaven everything is fine was interesting.

Ned Kelly, starring Mick Jagger, is so bad it's almost good.

You're right about Eraserhead, Michael. "What the hell was that?" was my reaction, too.

Then there was The Blair Witch Project. Not only was it bad, It had so much camera shake that I had to look at the floor for the last 20 minutes or I would have thrown up. A movie that makes you physically ill, i.e. nauseous, can't be called a good movie.

• Moderators

Part of the criteria should differentiate between movies that are bad on their own and movies that were made to be bad in the first place.

I agree, which makes me think of Pink Flamingos, or anything by John Waters.

Movies by john Waters or the movie Rocky Horror Picture Show would play at the midnight movies, of course you required to be [:S] when you got there.

• Moderators

Almost forgot some of my favorite midnight movies, anything Monty Python, sometimes they would play like 3 hours of Marx Brothers movies after the midnight movie, one after the other. The good old days, they would even stamp your hand so you could go outside and recharge and get a drink to bring back in all for one price.

I have to say that I fell asleep during Atonement. My gf won tickets to see it and I was the "lucky one" that she took. At the end of the movie she was a little mad cause I asked her, how was the movie.

James

Wow, I thought this was an awesome bit of film. Of course I went with a crazy artist chick I was friends with at the time.

I have to say Keanu Reeves...

Maybe it's because no matter what movie it is every time he talks it sounds like a line from Bill and Ted's.

Now the only movie that I can sit thru are the Matrix ones, but that is more so for the action and not the acting.

James

The worst chick flick is the last one that you had to sit thru. This one was an eye-stabber for sure. Pretty freaking awful stuff in this thread that I had forgotten about. Loved the puking story.

My son rented transporter III last night and we watched it on the blue ray. I also realized that my Heritage HT system smokes the one in the theater(given the 7 big speakers in such a small space)- even the other movie previews- though there are similarities in the sound quality.Makes me wonder if the theater was using Klipsch professional stuff.

The new John Dillinger/bank robber flick with Johnny Depp and Christian Bale might be a keeper judging from the preview.

And then there is "Two Lane Blacktop" with James Taylor. Even the film didn't like it as it burned up at the end.

Actually, I thought Two Lane Blacktop was pretty good. It certainly was a lot better than duds like Joe's Apartment or Monkeybone. Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome was pretty lame, too.

Anybody remember Night of the Lepus, with the giant mutant rabbits? It starred Janet Leigh, Rory Calhoun and DeForest Kelley. It was pretty good in its way.

Clips here:

The close ups of bunnies yawning with the sound effects of a roar are too good (bad) to miss in Night of the Lepus. That one was clearly in the tradition of Roger Corman. Joe's Apartment was so bad it was good, if you know what i mean, thanks for the reminder of that one.

Then there's Repligator, a standout in the low-budget, so-bad-it's-good category. From a reader's review in the New York Times:

"B" Movie Fun

This low budget comedy fuses action and horror in a genre that actually works and turns out to be a lot of fun on a Sunday afternoon. Culties will honor Horror film legend GUNNAR HANSEN ("Texas Chain Saw Massacre," "Mosquito") who stars as Dr. Kildare, a top research scientist, employed by the U.S. military to develop advance scientific systems. Hollywood Scream Queen BRINKE STEVENS makes a special appearance as sexy scientist Dr. Goodbody, who's studying the personal fantasies of U.S. soldiers.

The experiments go awry in an explosion of special effects, when male soldier test subjects are suddenly transformed into sexy women whose unstoppable DNA resembles that of ancient alligators. Upon becoming sexually aroused, these women turn into vicious GATOR BABES - half alligator, half human! Yep! its Brains on Film DNA at 18-24 male Grade B Horror schlock for comedy fun as the film contains some nudity, in light comedic representations. Does not contain explicit, hard-core sexual content. MPAA Rating: NR - Its a bad Science Fiction and Horror romp for Sex Change fun, and it should be on everyone's "It's so Bad, it's GOOD" list.

— ronknight